Employment at ABC and ABC Chapters
Return to Previous Page
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - chesapeake shores chapter OFFICE
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develop, administer and maintain management education and apprenticeship training programs.
- Plan, develop and administer management education programs for the commercial construction industry.
- Research topics, subject matter, instructors to develop new seminars and monitor the profit and loss to make each class viable.
- Market educational courses to members by email, newsletter, fax, direct mail and telephone, word of mouth, personal visits, etc.
- Assist in developing promotional materials to assist in advertising educational programs.
- Conduct evaluation of course effectiveness, including appropriateness of subject matter, material taught and instructor quality.
- Procure course instructors and speakers and provide instructor training as required.
- Develop new educational programs.
- Develop partnerships with other organizations in the area of education.
- Prepare articles for Chapter newsletter.
- Administer grant opportunities pertinent to augment Chapter operations.
- Serve as point of contact for individual members seeking information or assistance regarding management education and apprenticeship programs.
- Supply information for member billings and monitor status of open accounts regarding education.
- Administer Apprenticeship Training Program.
- Develop annual apprenticeship budget for approval by Trustees.
- Administer approved budget and assist bookkeepers with financial activities related to the Apprenticeship Trust’s Finances.
- Ensure proper maintenance of student records, grades and OJT hours.
- Act as Trust representative on various local Career Tech Education and other educational committees.
- Serve as point of contact for individual members seeking information or assistance regarding apprenticeship programs.
- Administer grant opportunities pertinent to augment Trust operations.
- Supply information for member billings and monitor status of open accounts.
- Monitor state and federal legislation that affects construction and specifically apprenticeship; meet with elected officials as necessary.
- Attend various Chapter Meetings and Chapter Events as appropriate.
- Drive general membership efforts to support new membership recruitment and renewal efforts.
- Work closely with Membership Director to coordinate member and apprenticeship needs.
- Visit members through either drop-in meetings, scheduled meetings, cold-calls, onsite or elsewhere.
- Reports to President & CEO.
- Serves as ABC staff liaison to the Apprenticeship Trust, Management Education, Workforce Development and Safety Committees.
- Communicates regularly with members, ABC National office, government agencies, committees, instructors, colleges, universities, local technical schools and others.
- Assists other departments with responses to member queries.
- The qualified candidate will have a passion for education planning and implementation, especially for the construction industry.
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
- The ideal candidate would have a college education, knowledge of the construction industry, state and federal apprenticeship training laws.
- NCCER experience: Master Trainer preferred, ICTP certification is a positive, knowledge of NCCER important.
- Candidate must be outgoing, dynamic, strong willed, and a good problem solver.
- Knowledge of the construction safety industry and OSHA certifications are a plus.
It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.