ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - NATIONAL OFFICE
||Senior Director of Workforce Development
|VP of Workforce Development
TO APPLY: Click here to apply online.
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 22,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at www.abc.org.
The Senior Director of Workforce Development will be responsible for the enhancement and direction of workforce development policy, vision, mission, and related program strategies. The Senior Director will be the subject matter expert on workforce development and drive workforce development strategy across the Association and its members. The Senior Director will work collaboratively to ensure ABC can fully comply with and effectively lead the construction industry in apprenticeship expansion. The Senior Director will be committed to a set of sound principles founded in ethics, safety, workforce, and the merit shop philosophy to position ABC as the leader in workforce development and as a strategic partner to address the talent needs of our member companies.
Description of Duties
• Develop a set of recommendations including but not limited to establishing technology platforms, standardizing workforce development practices, and developing curriculum development and deployment strategies.
• Create conditions for ABC to achieve a safe, productive and skilled talent pipeline by establishing standardized, world class workforce development solutions.
• Create conditions that attract and develop a skilled workforce leveraging the national stakeholders, chapter leadership, and local communities to deliver a qualified workforce.
• Leverage ABC’s workforce initiatives (local and national) to bring value-add opportunities to ABC chapters, member companies and our country.
• Facilitate the effective execution of an association wide workforce development strategy.
• Identify and establish partnership opportunities to enhance our workforce development initiatives.
• Embed themselves within business, education and government community as a subject matter expert and leader on workforce development.
• Improve and enhance the ABC Member Value Proposition to chapters, members, and employees of members.
• Collaborate with ABC Chapters, volunteer leaders, and external stakeholders.
• Establish and report relevant, timely and actionable metrics to the association at large.
• Works with a wide variety of community and governmental agencies, educational institutions, members, committees and other groups to grow workforce development strategy.
• Lead activities to expand Workforce Development programs and initiatives, including but not limited to, needs assessment, curriculum design, delivery and facilitation.
• Proven ability to be a passionate, transformational leader and change agent.
• Demonstrated success partnering with business, education, and government communities.
• Team player with experience reporting to executive leadership and collaborating with multiple vested stakeholders.
• Ability to stay connected and maintain a robust network of relationships within the workforce development community.
• Ability to navigate complex networks, system and policies, and deliver innovative ideas to advance strategy.
• Ability to think strategically with a vision to build the future talent pipeline.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access).
• Ability to manage multiple projects, adhere to schedule timelines and deadlines and budgetary obligations, and complete all action items as defined.
• World-class customer service experience and skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university, or verifiable equivalent work experience
• 7-10 years working in the construction industry or an association environment with focus on workforce development, health, safety and environment
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self.
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication, proofreading and editing skills.
- Organizational awareness & resourcefulness - understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions & resolve issues
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work in a demanding self-directed work schedule.
- Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently.
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
- Work accurately with close attention to detail.
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.