ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - NATIONAL OFFICE
| POSITION TITLE
|| Accounting Manager
| FLSA STATUS
| FUNCTIONAL AREA / DEPARTMENT
|| Support Services
| REPORTING SUPERVISOR
|| Director of Finance
to apply online.
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing nearly 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at www.abc.org. ABC offers an exciting workplace and a competitive benefits package.
The Accounting Manager will report directly to the Director of Finance. The Accounting Manager will be primarily responsible for the month-end close process and preparation of financial reports for ABC (a 501(c)6 trade association). The position will provide high-level technical support to the Director of Finance and entire Finance Department through accounting expertise and advanced knowledge of the financial systems used (Intacct/Bill.com).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Prepare financial statements and supporting analysis narrative for ABC
• Assist in the preparation and coordination of annual financial statement audit
• Prepare Form 990 tax schedules and business property tax filings
• Preparing internal financial reports, resolving discrepancies, and providing account analyses.
• Coordinate with department managers during annual budget preparation and periodic forecast updates
• Maintain monthly and year-end supporting schedules and account reconciliations
• Provide technical support for Intacct accounting software and Bill.com
• Respond to staff requests for financial information and reports
• Prepare journal entries for ABC
• Remit general ledger and payroll reports to Insurance Trust Accounting Manager on monthly basis
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, particularly for non-profit organizations
• Ability to create and maintain accounting general ledgers
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
• Prior experience with Intacct and Bill.com preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting at an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience, preferably with non-profit(s)
- CPA required
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Organizational awareness & resourcefulness - understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions & resolve issues
- Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently
- Ability to take ownership of a process
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards
- Work accurately with close attention to detail
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.