|FUNCTIONAL AREA / DEPARTMENT:
||Public Affairs & Member Services
||Senior Manager of Digital Communications
Please follow this link
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing nearly 21,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 69 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at abc.org.
The Communications Manager reports to the Senior Manager of Digital Communications and is tasked with supporting a broad range of marketing and communications activities related to ABC’s events, member programs and outreach to ABC chapters and members. This position also serves as the editor of Newsline, ABC’s weekly member newsletter, and Leadership Update, a monthly report to ABC’s top leaders.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Draft, edit and/or proofread a variety of communications, including, but not limited to:
Qualifications and Experience
o News releases
o Stories for Newsline
o Leadership Update
o Website copy
o Marketing communications
o PowerPoint presentations
o Event scripts
• Responsible for ABC Events app.
• Responsible for preparing and distribution the “Know Before You Go” email sent to meeting attendees.
• Assist with the management of the photographers and videographers during events and manage production of final work product.
• Support the sponsorship team to coordinate sponsorship deliverables.
• Support the ABC National social media presence by updating Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Flickr accounts.
• Develop new ways to garner engagement.
• Monitor ABC’s social media presence through social media analytics tools.
• Strong writing and copywriting skills, specifically marketing programs or services.
• Proofreading experience.
• Bachelor’s degree with coursework in journalism, marketing, digital media and communications.
• 1-2 years of related work experience.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize against deadlines.
• Tech savvy; experience with email marketing systems and apps very helpful.
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
• Excellent oral and written communication, copywriting, proofreading and editing skills
• Ability to complete highly accurate work with close attention to detail
• Experience working with email marketing systems
• Knowledge of the interplay between print and digital media, including social media and content marketing.
• Video production and editing skills
• Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines
• Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
• Organizational awareness and resourcefulness; understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions and resolve issues
• Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently
• Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem-solving skills to resolve issues
• Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the State and Local Affairs Manager job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.