Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:59 PM By Jennifer Huber
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - Illinois CHAPTER OFFICE
||Elk Grove Village, IL
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Serves as the coordinator for the Association’s membership growth, retention, and member services throughout Illinois.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This position reports directly to the Vice President.
- This position reports indirectly to the President.
- Inform current members about services provided by ABC Illinois.
- Get feedback from current members to ensure the association is providing the expected services.
- Coordinate and attend regional meetings. Support for these meetings will be provided by chapter staff.
- Deliver ongoing programs to market ABC membership to contractors, suppliers, and associates, including compiling prospective member list and conducting regular recruitment events.
- Utilize the Iowa Retention Model: Implement the membership retention plan, including annual visits to member facilities, regular telephone contact with members and maintaining activity reports. Provide weekly membership reports due on Fridays which include ember visits, prospect visits and contacts, and new member from that week. Any and all contact with members must be put into the database notes section. Maintain the board of director’s liaison list and the board participation matrix.
- Solicit participation from members, especially chapter leaders, in the recruitment and retention efforts. All prospects received from members must be entered into the chapter database for tracking purposes. This includes: company name, address, office phone, cell phone, email, notes, etc.
- Promote attendance at general membership meetings and other regional programs to members and prospective members. Promote use of all chapter and ABC National services including the apprenticeship program, training programs, the STEP program, and insurance programs.
- Under the direction of the state Vice President, develop implement and coordinate special acquisition programs, including: membership drives, Chapter and National Membership Awards and any other member incentive programs. Conduct new member orientations when necessary.
- Stay abreast of industry events, regulations and policies and continually market members to each other and to outside construction users.
- Understand member needs and advise Vice President of programs or services that may be required.
- Write newsletter articles and other communications as required.
- Make presentations and participate in chapter events and meetings as required.
- Meet with state elected officials as directed by the Chapter President.
- Perform such other duties as designated or requested by the Chapter President or Vice President.
- Chapter Staff: maintain a professional and working relationship with other department staff members that will help the Association reach all of its objectives smoothly. Communicate member needs and developments to President as needed.
- Advise the Dean of Students of prospective members that have an interest in ABC Illinois’ apprentice programs.
- Chapter Committees: maintain a professional and ethical relationship that will help the committee achieve its goals, and assist the committee to the extent that staff and budgeted resources are available.
- General membership: always respond professionally and quickly to inquires or requests for help from members. Request for services or assistance outside the control of the membership director should be referred to the appropriate person.
- Arrange schedule to assure attendance to all general membership meetings and special events.