ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - rhode island CHAPTER OFFICE
||Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Associated Builders and Contractors of Rhode Island (ABC Rhode Island Chapter) is looking for its next President, to lead the staff and motivate volunteers.
We’re looking for a president who can see the changes and challenges in business and who gets excited about helping others succeed through safety, education, government and labor relations advocacy – an individual with strong social and professional connections that come with prior association experience. We seek a leader who will build on the solid foundation of the RI Chapter and carry it into the future.
We seek a leader who believes in the Merit Shop philosophy as a core belief. In spite of the challenges presented by the economic climate of Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts, until recently the Rhode Island Chapter had enjoyed growth in both membership and apprenticeship training. Our new President will be tasked as a top priority with re-establishing that growth, while helping to identify and encourage new volunteer leaders to become involved.
Responsibilities and Authority
Reporting to the Board, the President has primary authority in the following areas:
- Be the chief executive officer of the organization, holding full P&L responsibility, due diligence for risk management, and overseeing all operations of the organization. Currently, the office is staffed by a rotation of members of the Executive Committee of the Rhode Island Chapter.
- Serve as the public face of the organization, promoting its vision and mission – especially the Merit Shop philosophy – within the construction community among other allied organizations, and by advocating at the local, state, and national levels.
- Be a respected leader by maintaining our Chapter’s reputation and leadership role within the ABC National system.
- Provide for the highest practical level of service to our membership through exceptional oversight of chapter programming.
- Provide for the future of the chapter and the industry by anticipating member needs and leading the development of creative solutions.
- Provide strategic development and guidance by the organization, including identification of key issues, leading solutions development, and providing for board and membership leadership development.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate proven leadership and a track record of success in each of the following essential qualifications areas:
- Minimum 5 years of association leadership or equivalent industry management experience (participation in leadership programs, such as Institute for Organization Management, is a plus).
- Experience in advocacy, lobbying, and government affairs.
- Proven track record of membership development and retention.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading staff.
- Track record of success developing and leading member-driven initiatives.
- Proven track record of success developing and leading member-driven initiatives.
- Proven ability to develop and spearhead strategy.
- Strong belief in open competition and free market solutions.
- Experience in the non-residential construction industry.
Salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits package and additional incentive compensation.
Please send resume, letter of interest and references to email@example.com
no later than Friday, May 12.