ABC members that attend the 2012 ABC Attorneys Conference
will have an opportunity to hear from National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) Chairman Mark Pearce, who will speak on new and upcoming developments at the NLRB. In addition, the conference is an opportunity to earn CLE credits (upon request).
ABC’s Attorneys Conference, to be held Dec. 5-7 in Washington, D.C., is a must-attend event for attorneys who counsel merit shop contractors. The content-rich program covers the latest developments and insights impacting labor law and open competition in the construction industry.
In addition to Pearce, the agenda includes a presentation by Timothy Helm, chief of branch of government contracts enforcement for the U.S. Department of Labor – Wage and Hour Division, who will discuss compliance with the Davis-Bacon Act, new developments and common “prevailing wage” mistakes made by federal contractors.
Other topics during the conference will include:
- The impacts of the 2012 presidential, congressional and state elections on merit shop contractors.
- Recent precedents set in the defense against bannering, picketing, false statements and other union pressure tactics.
- Decisions and policies from the NLRB impacting the construction industry.
- An update on the national fight against government-mandated project labor agreements.
- New rulings on employment law issues across the country.
- Health care reform updates and new obligations facing employers.
For more information or to register for Attorney’s Conference, visit attorneys.abc.org