From the category archives: Metro Washington Chapter
Metro Washington Chapter
Friday, July 2, 2021 7:59 AM
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - Metro Washington chapter OFFICE
||Chair of the Board
||All personnel and their performance
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter including salary expectations and resume to [email protected].
The President & CEO will help lead ABC Metro Washington to be the most powerful pro‐business, pro‐free enterprise advocate for the construction industry, and lead the association to consistently deliver value to its members and the construction industry.
The President & CEO is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of the association. This includes ongoing assessment of the current political and market climate as well as assessing member needs. Program development to meet these needs will be conducted in a strategic manner.
The President & CEO shall be responsible for:
Strategic Vision and Integration
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors to create or modify a strategic plan for the Chapter, on an annual basis, that is in alignment with the ABC Association Wide Strategic Plan.
- Carry out the strategies and actions of the Board-approved strategic plan in collaboration with the Board of Directors and the Chapter committees.
- Maintain, measure and report to the Board of Directors and Membership the progress of the strategic plan.
- Develop the construction acumen to identify trends that impact our industry and our members.
- Identify and develop strategic relationships with state and local officials for the betterment of ABC.
- Maintain an awareness of laws and regulations (proposed and enacted) that affect the industry and our members.
- Utilize technology to optimize efficiencies and member experience.
- Collaborate with ABC National staff and other chapters to advance the chapter and national goals.
- Oversee the Membership function to promote membership growth and retention.
- Achieve fiscal goals, as defined by the Board, year over year.
- Develop, execute, and achieve the annual budget year over year
- Ensure appropriate Board oversight and governance for all financial matters.
- Oversee all matters that pertain to the financial management of the association including, but not limited to, monthly financial statements, annual review/audit, tax filings, investment management, and all necessary record keeping activities.
- Meet fundraising goals for Federal PAC/FEA and local PAC funds.
- Ensure the chapter aligns with the mission, charter, bylaws and policies of the national association and the laws of the United States as well as state and local governments.
- Ensure the chapter follows the mission, charter, bylaws, and policies of ABC Metro Washington.
- Ensure appropriate governance for all actions of the Board.
- Prepare, maintain, and codify all records for the Board of Director’s meetings
- Ensure a best-in-class team that will seamlessly support the ABC mission and membership.
- Analyze salary and benefits in the market to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Foster diversity to elicit innovative and effective decision making and strategies.
- Responsible for all personnel activities including, but not limited to, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, performance management, discipline, termination etc.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the necessary policies and procedures i.e., employee policy manual.
Key Strategic Initiatives include:
- Legislative, Labor Issues, Political and Legal
- Workforce Development, Apprenticeship and Craft Training
- Marketing/Business Development/Community
- Coordinate the alignment of the goals developed in the strategic plan with the Chair/Lead of each strategic initiative.
- Support the Chair/Leads with action task planning.
- Oversee, measure, and adjust the action tasks to ensure optimum outcomes are achieved in each strategic component.
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION/KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Passion for the free enterprise system and merit shop philosophy.
- Experience in leadership, management, and decision‐making with direct accountability for results at the executive level, with a budget and staff of comparable size and complexity to that of ABC Metro Washington.
- Experience leading a not-for-profit trade association.
- Proven ability to build and foster positive relationships and create a broad network both internally with the members and externally with the community.
- Experience building consensus among disparate groups and volunteer leaders with varied and often competing interests.
- Experience in engaging, delegating, and motivating both staff and volunteers in the execution and implementation of association plans, activities, and events.
- Experience serving as a politically savvy face and voice of an industry or group at the state or national level
- Prior experience as a skilled and strategic spokesperson and advocate on public policy issues and with the media.
- While experience in the commercial construction industry is not a requirement, knowledge of, or the ability to quickly become substantively credible on, the commercial construction industry and the issues affecting it is important.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Strategic Visionary: The President & CEO will be an executive who will tell the merit shop industry's story in a credible and passionate way that enhances the business climate and adds value to ABC's members. The President & CEO will be experienced at anticipating issues and building consensus around policy positions and be an active listener who cultivates and leverages a network of relationships to advance the industry's agenda. The President & CEO will work with the Board of Directors to balance long‐term strategic thinking with short‐term goals. The President & CEO will work collaboratively with the national association leadership in the alignment of strategy with the ABC Association Wide Strategic Plan.
- Leadership and Management: The President & CEO will work with the management team and Board of Directors to ensure the association's continued operational strength. The President & CEO will demonstrate a transparent and inclusive style, build consensus around key issues and initiatives, and promote a culture of passion and urgency among the staff.
The Metro Washington Strategic Plan, Organization Chart and Bylaws are available for any interested applicant. Please send resumes to: [email protected]
Read the rest of entry »