Associated Builders and Contractors - National Office
||Director of Meetings and Events
Click here to apply online.
ABC’s position descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s position descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 69 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work.
The Meetings Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support, coordination and management of meetings and events. This position will be involved with site selection, registration, participant accommodations, and event planning.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Manage entire registration process for all meetings, conferences and events, including the registration build-out, registration assistance and financial reconciliation
- Manage pre- and post-conference registration reports and history tracking
- Coordinate and manage ABC Events app development process including set-up, banner ads and logos
- Assist with virtual event platform, inclusive of build-out, event coordination and post-event reporting
- Manage all on-site registration responsibilities (including CVENT’s On-Arrival platform coordination and registration staff and volunteers, collect on-site registrations, distribute badges and conference materials and serve as information helpdesk
- Work alongside the manager of meetings, events and sponsorships to:
- Ensure all sponsorship deliverables are documented, tracked and delivered as contracted
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to manage the creation and delivery of event signage
- Primary contact for all internal pre-event logistics (shipping, inventory, coordinating handouts, meeting materials, etc.)
- Work directly with the marketing coordinator on updates and launches to event emails, websites and events calendar
- Oversee creation, administration and reporting of surveys for the Public Affairs and Meetings department
- Manage the ABC National Webinar Series scheduling, including updating of calendar and webinar logistic support
- Serve as Public Affairs and Member Services representative to update content for the monthly Balanced Scorecard
- Update news release subscription requests in Meltwater
- Support director and manager of meetings and events with all duties as assigned
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Project Management, data management, attention to detail, communication, (written and oral), organization, time management, professionalism, customer service, patience, and perseverance.
Qualifications and Experiance:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Up to two years of experience working in a meetings or hospitality related position
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Professional demeanor and presentation.
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines.
- Writing and verbal skills.
- Self-starter, highly organized.
- Strong organization, multitasking and time-management skills with the ability to work on a demanding self-directed work schedule.
- Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently.
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
- Work accurately with close attention to detail.
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.