Employment at ABC and ABC Chapters
Return to Previous Page
Web Designer I
Associated Builders and Contractors - National Office
||Web Designer I
||Support Services/Information Technology
||Web Services Manager
Click here to apply online.
ABC’s position descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s position descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 69 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work.
The Web Designer I will be part of a small multi-disciplinary web services team and have the unique opportunity to interact, design and develop tools to meet the mission and goals of the organization. The individual will also assist with various day-to-day operations and projects as assigned, gaining knowledge and experience with all facets of the website life cycle.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- • Assist the web team in various duties such as: design, development, maintenance and performance of our sites.
- • Research new and emerging technologies and how they can be utilized in the association’s web presence.
- • Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- • Create and maintain software documentation.
- • Work cooperatively with key team members, national and chapter staff and vendors.
- • Create, develop and maintain software to enrich functionality of organization’s content management system.
- • Coordinate web projects across departments and ensure that all development projects are designed, developed and implemented in a timely manner.
- • Assist web team with testing new software and product releases.
- • Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- • Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties.
- • Create, develop and manage content for organization’s web presence.
- • Track and report all site metrics.
- • Adhere to ABC Brand guidelines as well as assist chapters with branding guidelines.
- • Gather requirements for upcoming web design projects.
User Web Support and Training
- • Provide on-going user training for basic web content techniques, on-going maintenance and long-term advanced training.
- • Assist chapters in new program development for chapter template web site.
- Assist chapters with website redesigns and content updates.
- • Work with the chapters to promote the use of the chapter template and help chapters develop more robust and visually appealing sites.
- • Train staff on DotNetNuke on an as-needed basis.
- • Provide Tier 1-2 support for ABC’s web presence using a ticketing system (Zoho).
- • Familiar with SQL.
- • Outstanding customer service for internal and external customers.
- • Familiar with DotNetNuke (DNN) or a content management system.
- • Experience with DotNetNuke (DNN) 6.X, Evoq 7.X and 8.X.
- • A solid understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility and how web applications work, including security, session and cache management and best practices.
- • Understands the importance of test-driven development.
- • Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization a plus.
- • Familiar with Adobe products.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- • Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- • Ability to provide excellent customer-service to internal and external customers.
- • Ability to work independently and in a dynamic environment.
- • Ability to prioritize and complete multiple simultaneous projects in a timely manner.
- • Ability to communicate technical results and advise/consult other team members or departments on related projects or issues.
- • Association/non-profit experience desired.
- • Organizational awareness and resourcefulness - understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions and resolve issues.
- • Experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Waterfall development cycles.
- • Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, and Github a plus.
- • Knowledge of OWASP Top Ten and NIST to develop secure code.
- • Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college; or one to two years related experience.
- • Technical training and/or certifications are acceptable in lieu of degree.
- • One to two years of hands on experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- • Professional demeanor and presentation.
- • Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines.
- • Writing and verbal skills.
- • Self-starter, highly organized.
- • Strong organization, multitasking and time-management skills with the ability to work on a demanding self-directed work schedule.
- • Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently.
- • Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues.
- • Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
- • Work accurately with close attention to detail.
- • It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- • ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- • While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- • This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.