ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - Chesapeake Shores chapter OFFICE
||Regional Membership Manager
TO APPLY: Contact President & CEO Chris Garvey with your resume and letter of interest ASAP - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associated Builders and Contractors Chesapeake Shores Chapter, Inc., with the principal office based in Annapolis, Maryland is seeking to fill the employment position of: Lower Eastern Shore Regional Membership Manager (based in Salisbury, Maryland).
Associated Builders and Contractors is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 69 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably, for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work.
Job Description: This position is responsible for providing member services, selling memberships, promoting membership renewals, promoting the mission of ABC, supporting the strategic plan and vision for the Chapter, supporting and promoting education programs, planning and promoting events, facilitating the regional council, and assisting the CEO in educating key audiences on merit shop issues in the construction industry. Regular visits with members, prospects, education contacts, and political, business, and community leaders are a priority. This position reports directly to the Membership Director.
The ideal candidate must be a proven self-starter willing to take responsibility of growing and servicing our lower shore regional membership under the guidance of Chapter leadership. The successful candidate will also be able to take direction, to be innovative, to be interested in making suggestions to improve programs, and to be creative in packaging and promoting membership.
- Sales and customer-service oriented individual who can develop new business and is comfortable with fundraising, relationship development, recruiting new members, and building new business partners.
- Adept with Microsoft products, social media, current technology.
- Skilled at writing promotional materials, membership materials, and developing newsletter content.
- Ability to nurture ongoing relationships with members to reach and exceed annual retention goals.
- Can thrive in an independent work environment.
- Well-organized, goal-oriented and attention to detail.
- Articulate and comfortable picking up the phone and calling people to track down information, following up on lapsed memberships, and responding to inquiries.
- Must be task oriented and self-starter.
- Willing to learn, and confident in proposing innovative ideas to management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote and track member involvement in ABC programs and services, committees, projects, and political action (to generate and maintain 90% retention).
- Schedule prospect visits and follow-ups (minimum goal is to secure two new members per month).
- Conduct new member visits/orientations and member visits.
- Develop and implement strategy for increasing non-dues revenue.
- Motivate and coordinate membership promotion by members and Membership Committee.
- Schedule, plan, and attend monthly council, committee, and political advisory meetings.
- Assist with regional projects, annual goals and strategies, and leadership development.
- Identify, recruit, provide member services and track benefits provided to corporate sponsors to ensure that all sponsors receive benefits offered.
- Actively use the association management software (AMS), to record prospects, prospect visits, member meeting notes, new member records, renewal records, event registrations, and other Chapter member related data.
- Attend staff meetings, board meetings, and events in various regions and participate in various teleconferences.
- Provide members with information on government and legislative issues, safety services, education programs, business referrals and construction user relations.
- Work with chapter education staff to promote all education and training programs (including supplier donations and a minimum 10% increase in enrollment).
- Respond promptly to inquiries from prospective members, members, Directors, and others.
- Assist in creating and updating membership and marketing materials, including letters, flyers for upcoming events, welcome packets, fact sheets, directories, surveys, and others.
- Assist the Director and Board members as necessary in planning and executing events and day-to-day operations of the office.
Compensation: This is a full-time nonexempt position. Pay is base salary plus incentive.
Other: College degree preferred but not required.
Language skills: Accurate, professional English writing and public speaking skills are essential. Ability to respond to inquiries from members in a professional and friendly way. Ability to speak effectively to members, prospects, partners, elected officials and to the general public.
Reasoning ability: Must be able to identify and orchestrate tasks necessary to accomplish a goal. Must be personable and able to relate and interface effectively with contractors, educators, and other business professionals.
Transportation: Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and automobile insurance. Vehicle occasionally needed to transport displays and materials for events, tradeshows, and booths.
Physical Demands: Must be able to drive, lift up to 15 pounds, sit, stand.
Work Environment: This employee works independently out of a regional satellite office. Expected to occasionally physically work out of central office based in Annapolis, MD.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.