ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - West Virginia & Cumberland Valley chapter OFFICEs
||West Virginia and the Western Panhandle of Maryland East to Fredrick County
||Exempt position, reporting to the President-CEO
||Negotiable. Base salary, plus commission/bonuses. Competitive Benefits.
To Apply: Serious applicants should send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume and references via e-mail to [email protected].
Associated Builders and Contractors of West Virginia (ABCWV) & Associated Builders and Contractors Cumberland Valley (ABC CVC) are two of 69 Nationally chartered Chapters. ABC CVC and ABCWV are well-established Chapters whose primary market is the commercial-construction Contractors and Suppliers. The region includes West Virginia and the Western Panhandle of Maryland East to Fredrick County.
The Chapters are seeking an experienced Sales/Membership professional to grow and sustain our membership in the Northern panhandles of WVA and the Western Panhandle of MD. The Chapters have a well-established membership base but have identified significant potential for growth. A successful candidate will have the ability to work autonomously to generate results.
The primary role of a Membership Director is to develop and execute strategies to recruit new members, retain existing members, and manage various aspects of marketing and event planning for this region.
Mission of ABC
Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC provides professional development and networking that enables member companies to win and deliver work safely, ethically, profitably, and better the communities in which ABC and its members work. ABC's membership represents all specialties within the construction industry.
Protecting the financial stability of the chapter by adding new members and ensuring all members are maximizing the value of their investment in the association. In this way, we can better deliver on our mission for all Merit Shop Contractors in the region. The Membership Director will accomplish this by driving and implementing the association's membership growth (sales) and retention strategies, including marketing and events for member engagement and fundraising.
Membership Recruitment (Sales):
- Identify potential member companies through market research and successfully recruit those who fit our chapter to join for a fee structure ranging from $1,000-$10,500 per year.
- Develop and execute an annual membership growth plan.
- Set and meet or exceed recruitment/sales goals.
- Develop and maintain membership prospect and mailing lists.
- Plan and implement membership events, contest(s), etc.
- With the assistance of existing members, generate multiple qualified leads per week and conduct appropriate follow-up with each.
- Conduct new member orientations and facilitate involvement (on-boarding).
- Promote and successfully deliver membership retention efforts.
- Promote and market sponsorship/advertising opportunities for non-dues revenue.
- Develop and present monthly presentations to the President-CEO and board regarding recruitment efforts, activities, and membership statistics.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and news.
- Attend and work with other ABCWV/ABC CVC staff to ensure that all events are organized, executed, and marketed.
- From time to time, perform other duties as assigned by the President-CEO.
- Dedicated to ABC's mission and vision.
- Reliable transportation and a valid Driver's License.
- Sales experience and proven track record of setting and meeting/exceeding sales goals.
- Motivated by a commission-based sales position.
- Highly developed interpersonal, networking, and rapport building traits; with an appreciation for executing extraordinary customer service.
- Excellent verbal, written, and public communication/presentation skills.
- Self-directed, motivated, and goal-oriented with attention to detail and commitment to the overall excellence of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and perform within deadlines
- Highly competent use of technology such as Excel, Microsoft Office, Zoom, computer networks, databases, the internet, website maintenance, Constant Contact, and social media.
- Experience working with minimal supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with others; team player, comfortable working independently and with a small team.
- Ability to attend all networking/member events required; some early morning, evening, and weekend hours will be necessary.
- Regular travel throughout Northern West Virginia and Western Maryland is required. Some National Travel required for training or other purposes.
- BS in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Sales or relevant field preferred
- 5+ years related experience in sales, non-profit, business development, marketing, communications, or other related fields
- Experience in trade association membership sales
- Understanding of the construction industry in Northern West Virginia and Western Maryland (Preferable)
- Familiar with Northern West Virginia and Western Maryland (Preferable)