ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - West Virginia & Cumberland Valley chapter OFFICEs
||Morgantown, WV and surrounding areas
||Exempt position, reporting to the President-CEO
||Negotiable. Base salary, plus commission/bonuses. Competitive Benefits.
To Apply: Serious applicants should send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume and references via e-mail to [email protected].
Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC provides professional development and networking that enables member companies to win and deliver work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. ABC's membership represents all specialties within the construction industry and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the commercial sector.
Associated Builders and Contractors of West Virginia (ABCWV) & Associated Builders and Contractors Cumberland Valley (ABC CVC) are two of sixty-nine chartered chapters by the national organization, headquartered in Washington, DC. ABCWV/ABC CVC market area/region is located through the entire state of West Virginia and the Western Panhandle of Maryland East to Fredrick County. We are seeking an experienced membership professional to help grow and sustain our recent growth in the North Central Region of West Virginia, the Northern and Eastern Panhandles of West Virginia and the Western Panhandle of Maryland that is anchored by some of the most reputable and well-respected commercial contractors in the market.
In this role, a Membership Director, which will report directly to the President & CEO of ABCWV, will develop and execute strategies to recruit new members, retain existing members, and manage various aspects of marketing and event planning for this region.
Protecting the financial stability of the chapter by adding new members and ensuring all members are maximizing the value of their investment in the association. In this way, we are better able to deliver on our mission for all Merit Shop Contractors in the region. The Membership Director will accomplish this by driving and implementing the association’s membership growth (sales) and retention strategies including marketing and events for member engagement and fundraising.
- Membership Recruitment (sales): Identify potential member companies through market research, gain access to decision makers within those target companies, and successfully recruit those who fit our chapter to join for a fee structure ranging from $1,000-$10,500 per year.
- Develop and execute an annual membership growth plan, (based upon the ABC sales and tracking methods), including but not limited to:
- Learning and successfully executing the ABC sales methods and expectations
- Setting and meeting or exceeding recruitment / sales goals
- Developing and maintaining membership prospect and mailing lists
- Creating and implementing membership events, contest(s) etc.
- With the assistance of existing members and the Board of Directors, generating multiple qualified leads per week and conducting appropriate follow up with each lead as per performance standards set by President-CEO
- Conduct new member orientation and involvement (on-boarding) efforts including but not limited to organizing and conducting new member orientation meetings and encouraging involvement in Chapter activities, committees and sponsorship programs.
- Promote and successfully deliver membership retention efforts, including cooperating with other staff to organize and conduct visits to all members, maintain regular phone contacts and maintain activity reports tracking member participation.
- Promote and market sponsorship/advertising opportunities for non-dues revenue, ensuring that all Premier Sponsor benefits are realized by participating members. Sell and coordinate advertising in Chapter publications including print, website, social media etc.
- Develop and present to the President-CEO and Board monthly presentations regarding recruitment efforts, activities and membership statistics.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and news; continually marketing members to each other and construction owners and users. Write (or draft) articles for publications, press releases, correspondence.
- Attend and work with other ABCWV/ABC CVC staff to ensure that all programs are well organized, executed and marketed.
- From time to time perform other duties as assigned by the President-CEO.
- Dedicated to ABC’s mission
- Reliable transportation and a valid West Virginia Driver’s License
- Sales experience and proven track record of setting and meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Motivated by, and comfortable with, a commission-based sales position
- Highly developed interpersonal, networking, and rapport building traits; with an appreciation for executing extraordinary customer service
- Excellent verbal, written and public communication/presentation skills
- Self-directed, motivated and goal oriented with attention to detail and commitment to the overall excellence of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and perform within deadlines
- Highly competent use of technology such as Excel, Microsoft Office, Zoom, computer networks, databases, the internet, website maintenance, Constant Contact and social media; some experience in search engine optimization (Google Analytics) preferred. This includes but is not limited to the ability to learn and successfully use the ABC CHAD database.
- Experience working with minimal supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with others; team-player, comfortable working independently and with a small team.
- Ability to attend all networking/member events required; some early morning, evening and weekend hours will be necessary; regular travel throughout Northern West Virginia and Western Maryland is required. Some National Travel May be required for training or other purposes.
- BS in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Sales or relevant field preferred
- 5+ years related experience in sales, non-profit, business development, marketing, communications or other related fields
- Experience in trade association membership sales
- Understanding of the construction industry in West Virginia
- Familiar with Northern West Virginia and Western Maryland (Preferable)