ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - CAROLINAS CHAPTER OFFICE
||Marketing/Communications & Event Planner
||Exempt position, reporting to the President-CEO
||Full-time, Exempt, Salaried
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter including salary expectations and resume to [email protected].
Leading the implementation of the Chapter’s communications and event programming, this position will develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach, social media and website content creation and updates. They will also assist the other ABC Carolinas team members in planning and coordinating the Chapter’s monthly council-specific events (approximately 7 per month or 70-75 per year) and assist with our Chapter-wide events, Excellence in Construction Gala and Construction Convention.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that incudes an annual social media calendar.
- Work with our web development company in updating the Chapter website monthly or as needed.
- Write press releases and other content for the Chapter website, our monthly e-newsletter Framework, and other content as requested by the President or other ABC Carolinas staff members.
- Create and deploy communications with the membership as necessary.
- Assist with the design and development of marketing materials to grow the organization and build brand awareness.
- Arrange and coordinate events with ABC Carolinas team members for our seven Councils in NC/SC as necessary.
- Work with key internal roles/players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the organization’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate the results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Build and maintain relationships with key external contacts.
Administrative and Member Services
- Use Chapter Access Database as necessary to update event and member information.
- Promote attendance at all Chapter programs for all Councils to members and to prospects.
- Promote Council involvement to all association members.
- Report monthly to Board of Directors updates on marketing/communications/events.
- Attend and assist in all ABC Carolinas general meeting and events in coordination with other staff.
- From time to time, perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Travel will be required with overnights including national conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in communications strategy development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, while juggling multiple tasks.
- Highly competent with technology. Proficient and high capability in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe, Canva and other related business and communication tools.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Content-writing experience for all media platforms.
- Proven social media and networking experience.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Position can be remote within one of our seven Council areas within North or South Carolina. (Charlotte, Triad, Triangle, Greenville, SC, Columbia, SC or Charleston, SC.)
It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.