ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - NATIONAL OFFICE
Click Here to Apply Online
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing nearly 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 69 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at www.abc.org.
The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Accounting Manager. The Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager and Assistant Controller in the handling of month-end close and financial statement preparation for ABC. The position will also provide support for ABC’s chapters through accounting expertise and knowledge of the financial systems used (Intacct/Bill.com/Bi360, etc.).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Assists the Accounting Manager with audit and tax requests.
- Prepares journal entries, maintains and reconciles ledger accounts.
- Performs bank reconciliations.
- Performs monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions per bank deposits.
- Reconciles account discrepancies by obtaining information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers.
- Prepares commission payments for advertising agencies.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections agency.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing reports.
- Assist with ad hoc requests.
Specialized Skills & Competencies:
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping.
- Demonstrate the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
- Knowledge of Intacct and Bill.com is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field from an accredited school is required.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.