ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - NATIONAL OFFICE
||Coordinator of Construction Technolgy & Innovation
||Construction Technology & Innovation
||VP of Construction Technolgy & Innovation
TO APPLY: Click Here to apply online.
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 22,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 69 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at www.abc.org.
The Construction Technology and Innovation Coordinator reports to the Vice President of Technology and Innovation. The Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support, coordination, and management of the Construction Technology and Innovation Department, such as organizing meetings and events, executing webinars, communicating processes and schedules, and leveraging industry relationships with our chapters
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Help manage schedule and meetings for the VP of Construction Technology and Innovation.
- Support the Tech Alliance with ABC’s Communications Team.
- Organize and run Tech Alliance bi-weekly calls.
- Execute webinars for Tech Alliance and overall efforts, locally and nationally.
- Support in tracking new tech companies trying to engage ABC in Alliance, Marketplace, CMC, Biz Partners, etc.
- Represent Construction Technology and Innovation in ABC chapter meetings and help organize chapter needs related to technology and innovation.
- Support efforts to help data and technology enhance our government affairs successes.
- Support and ensure Construction Technology and Innovation maintains alignment with ABC’s strategic plan.
- Help coordinate and prepare presentations/PowerPoints for Podcasts, chapters, and national education.
- Attend Construction Technology and Innovation meetings/calls to fully understand the goals and delivery ABC’s Construction Technology and Innovation platform nationally.
- Administrative support with the Construction Technology and Innovation committee.
- Support and ensure internal content and messaging about the Construction Technology and Innovation alliance are sent to ABC members/presidents.
- Project Management, data management, attention to detail, communication, (written and oral), strong commitment to organization, time management, professionalism, customer service, patience, and perseverance.
- High energy coupled with a positive attitude for effective collaborations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- A year or more of experience working in a related position.
- Any experience in construction would be considered a plus, but not needed.
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Worthy of trust – solid character and competence
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self
- Collaborative team player who respects people and diversity of thought
- Customer oriented with innovative value add thinking
- Innovative and able to pay close attention to details and produce quality work
- Skilled in planning, coordinating, and facilitating projects, meetings and/or events
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal integrity and ethical standards
- Problem solver who can work both individually and, part of a team, to reach common goals
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Vice President Workforce Development and HS&E, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Some preference will be given to DC Metro area candidates, but the position is eligible to work virtually.
- Up to 50% travel requirements.