ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - NATIONAL OFFICE
TO APPLY: Click Here
||Manager of Workforce Development
|Workforce Development Department
|Director of National Craft Championships & Careers in Construction
to apply online.
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at abc.org.
The Manager of Workforce Development oversees ABC’s nationally recognized workforce development awards, serves as a national leader in facilitating excellence at chapter training programs and supports ABC’s National Craft Championships, the construction industry’s signature showcase of talent. In the process of executing these (and other) duties, the manager of Workforce Development will serve as a leader of the association’s efforts to provide better access to construction industry training programs and rewarding careers. Exceptional communications, logistics, organizational skills and attention to detail are required to achieve success in this position.
Description of Duties
Workforce Development Awards Programs
- Manage Workforce Development recognition and awards programs
- Lead marketing efforts aimed at generating award nominations
- Manage the digital communication assets for workforce development awards programs
- Advise and support ABC Chapters in the development of local Workforce Development award programs
- Serve as the primary staff liaison and logistical leader for judges, award nominees program stakeholders, and award sponsors
Chapter Workforce and Training Programs
- Lead the association’s efforts to collect, curate and promote best practices and success stories from ABC chapter training programs
- Manage all aspects of ABC’s annual meeting of chapter workforce education professionals
- Lead the development of leading indicators aimed at measuring the association’s training and workforce education programs
- Manage the collection, reporting and visualization of ABC training and workforce development analytics
- Support the successful implementation of ABC’s student branding, recruitment and retention system with the association’s industry training programs.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to continue ABC’s growth as a national thought leader in the areas of workforce development and skills training
Workforce Development Competitions
- Develop and manage the Construction Management Competition’s Awards Program and Student Chapter of the Year Award’s logistics
- Serve as support person to National Craft Championships committee and NCC director
- Manage awards, volunteer recruitment and competitor logistics related to ABC’s National Craft Championships
- Manage outreach efforts with potential NCC judges and register judges when approved by craft project managers
- Develop and provide content information and updates for National Craft Championships home website and CIOY/CPOY’s website pages
- Manage all volunteer activity during the National Craft Championships
- Manage NCC office set up and support inventory logistics
- Support the content and logistics planning for Careers in Construction awards ceremony
- Financial management, budgeting, and tracking of all budget lines associated with Workforce Development Awards Programs
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Workforce Development and Director of National Craft Championships and Careers in Construction
- Highly organized and able to manage, implement, and track multiple tasks and programs, with strong attention to detail.
- Continuous process improvement mindset.
- Ability to understand chapter/national relationships and maintain strong customer service.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills a must.
- Organizational awareness & resourcefulness, with an understanding of who to engage in order to identify solutions & resolve issues.
- Ability to work on a team and work across departments to accomplish organizational goals.
• Bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience
• Three years of experience in program administration
• Experience in leading teams of diverse stakeholders and volunteers
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication, copywriting, proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to complete highly accurate work with close attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of email marketing systems
- Knowledge of the interplay between print and digital media, including social media and content marketing.
- Video production and editing skills
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Organizational awareness & resourcefulness; understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions & resolve issues
- Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem-solving skills to resolve issues
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.