Posted on Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1:05 PM By Jennifer Huber
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - Chapter OFFICE opening
||Manager of Workforce and Safety
TO APPLY: Submit resume to ChapterPosition@abc.org.
- Develop, administer and maintain management education and apprenticeship training programs.
- Plan, develop and administer management education programs for the commercial construction industry.
- Research topics, subject matter, instructors to develop new seminars and monitor the profit and loss to make each class viable.
- Market educational courses to members by email, newsletter, fax, direct mail and telephone, word of mouth, personal visits, etc.
- Assist in developing promotional materials to assist in advertising educational programs.
- Conduct evaluation of course effectiveness, including appropriateness of subject matter, material taught and instructor quality.
- Procure course instructors and speakers and provide instructor training as required.
- Develop new educational programs.
- Develop partnerships with other organizations in the area of education.
- Prepare articles for Chapter newsletter.
- Administer grant opportunities pertinent to augment Chapter operations.
- Serve as point of contact for individual members seeking information or assistance regarding management education and apprenticeship programs.
- Supply information for member billings and monitor status of open accounts regarding education.
- Administer Apprenticeship Training Program.
- Develop annual apprenticeship budget for approval by Trustees.
- Administer approved budget and assist bookkeepers with financial activities related to the Apprenticeship Trust’s Finances.
- Ensure proper maintenance of student records, grades and OJT hours.
- Act as Trust representative on various local Career Tech Education and other educational committees.
- Serve as point of contact for individual members seeking information or assistance regarding apprenticeship programs.
- Administer grant opportunities pertinent to augment Trust operations.
- Supply information for member billings and monitor status of open accounts.
- Monitor state and federal legislation that affects construction and specifically apprenticeship; meet with elected officials as necessary.
- Attend various Chapter Meetings and Chapter Events as appropriate.
- Drive general membership efforts to support new membership recruitment and renewal efforts.
- Work closely with Membership Director to coordinate member and apprenticeship needs.
- Visit members through either drop-in meetings, scheduled meetings, cold-calls, onsite or elsewhere.
- Reports to President & CEO.
- Serves as ABC staff liaison to the Apprenticeship Trust, Management Education, Workforce Development and Safety Committees.
- Communicates regularly with members, ABC National office, government agencies, committees, instructors, colleges, universities, local technical schools and others.
- Assists other departments with responses to member queries.
- The qualified candidate will have a passion for education planning and implementation, especially for the construction industry.
- The ideal candidate will have a college education, knowledge of the construction industry, understanding of state and federal apprenticeship training laws, and business experience.
- NCCER experience: Master Trainer preferred, ICTP certification is a positive, knowledge of NCCER important.
- Candidate must be outgoing, dynamic, strong willed, and a good problem solver.
- Knowledge of the construction safety industry and OSHA certifications are a plus.
- This is a full-time, exempt position.