Posted on Monday, February 24, 2020 8:35 AM By Jennifer Huber
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - Metro Washington chapter OFFICE
||Training Academy Manager
||Director of Education
||Director of Education; Chapter President
TO APPLY: Submit resume to Bonnie Speedy, email@example.com.
SCOPE: Manage the Instructor cadre and day-to-day operations of the Training Academy. Manage the training facility and coordinate apprenticeship, craft training, and other educational activities. Recruit, train, evaluate and coach instructors. Work with the Education Director to develop and implement strategies to grow the Academy and ensure high quality of instruction.
- • Manage the Instructor cadre and day-to-day operations of the Training Academy. Recruit, train, evaluate and coach instructors including appropriate levels of direct monitoring of instruction for both on- and off-site trainings.
- • Serve as a liaison to NCCER and obtain/hold NCCER master trainer certification.
- • Create and manage the schedule and online listing of classes to include apprentice, craft, safety and specialty/selective programs.
- • Financial duties (i.e. track and validate receipts and invoices; assist Director with budget development, etc.).
- • Administer student discipline and handle attendance problems and safety matters.
- • Work with Director of Workforce Development in workforce development activity and counsel students on educational, vocational or professional matters as appropriate.
- • Serve as on-site liaison to instructors and students to solve problems, coordinate material needs, etc.
- • Using NCCER curriculum, adult learning principles, feedback from businesses and students using the Academy, develop and coordinate exceptional trainings that comply with all appropriate standards and regulations.
- • Research new training techniques and evaluate effectiveness of current training through a variety of methods including personal observation and feedback from students and member businesses.
- • Coordinate and conduct student and instructor info sessions and orientations.
- • Update and maintain guidebooks for students, instructors and employees.
- • Conduct advance placement exams.
- • Oversee inventory of textbooks, materials, and instructor supplies and utilize effective strategies to control cost and waste.
- • Oversee facilities management activities:
- • security (includes monitoring cameras and access control)
- • supplies and equipment maintenance
- • building maintenance, housekeeping and organization
- • waste removal (cans and dumpster)
- • Provide exceptional member services in a professional manner.
- • Network to promote Academy offerings and assist with registration and/or other duties as assigned at all ABC functions, including -- but not limited to -- monthly general membership meetings, annual golf outing, staff mailings and special events.
- • Perform other duties as assigned.
- • Operates under supervision of Director of Education and is expected to perform all tasks related to the position’s basic functions with minimal direct supervision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- • Skilled at both project management and time management, highly professional, and able to work well with a variety of staff members, ABC members, volunteers and public.
- • Research and manage the teaching process so that information passed down to instructors is implemented effectively.
- • Strong leadership capabilities.
- • Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- • Demonstrated and strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- • Understanding of jurisdictional apprenticeship related regulations.
- • Knowledgeable in adult education programs to include apprenticeship.
- • Financial skills to maintain a budget and handle financial records.
- • Task oriented flexibility and able to “change gears” to fulfill great customer service expectations for external clientele and internal personnel.
- • Proficient in MS Office and database management.
- • Strong knowledge of the construction industry.
- • Ability to manage others.
- • Professional and pleasant office personality and demeanor.
- • Exceptional customer service skills.
- • Strong team player.