Posted on Monday, February 22, 2021 2:03 PM By Jennifer Huber
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - Rocky Mountain chapter OFFICE
||Marketing & Event Manager
TO APPLY: Send resume and writing samples to email@example.com.
The Marketing and Event Manager will be responsible for chapter’s communications and event strategy. Layout and design for all marketing materials including social media, promotional flyers, sponsor recognition, and our quarterly magazine. Work with designated committees to produce and promote key chapterwide events. Serve as liaison for the Northern Colorado Council and committee members in the region.
Who is ABC:
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing nearly 21,000 chapter members. The Rocky Mountain Chapter of ABC helps members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. ABC's membership represents all specialties within the U.S. construction industry and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the industrial and commercial sectors. Programming efforts for our members include key chapterwide events, regional socials and seminars, statewide safety & educational trainings, regional career fairs, and various membership meetings.
- Editor of Quarterly Merit Builder Magazine (online & print) and oversees advertising.
- Manage social media posting for key initiatives and programming including video and live streaming.
- Design/develop promotional materials including website, flyers, email announcements, social media postings, and other marketing opportunities to market to current and prospective members.
- Work with the Events Task Force to plan, coordinate, and execute Chapter wide Events with end-to-end plan and follow-up. Arrangements include menu selections, guarantees, sponsor recognition, ordering awards, securing entertainment, arranging Audio Visual, and other meeting logistics.
- Manage all negotiations and arrangements pertaining to Northern Regional programs to ensure goals are achieved.
- Work with stakeholders to develop annual budgets for Northern Colorado meetings and Chapter wide events. Complete monthly budget tracking information for each area of programming.
- Serve as staff liaison for the ABC CSU Student Club and team. Work with the Club and team to promote ABC at CSU through meetings, fundraisers and the annual national ABC competition. Facilitate marketing needs to ensure the club has the necessary tools needed and that the ABC website is current with club information.
- Coordinate with the other internal members of the team to ensure continuity and consistency in all membership retention and recruitment activities.
- Submit financial reports, statements and membership billings to President on a timely basis.
- Use Chapter database as necessary to update event and member information.
- Create and disseminate monthly and annual event surveys to the membership. Summarize results in reports for Board of Directors and committees.
- Keep leadership informed of all information relative to the initiation, implementation and evaluation of committee efforts.
- Track all financial aspects for area of responsibilities and mileage reimbursement and submit to Bookkeeper on a monthly basis.
- Manage requests to join and add discussions on social media accounts.
- Facilitate advertising opportunities for the Chapter.
- Perform such other duties as designated by the President / CEO.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign.
- Minimum of 3 years in an event coordinator or related role.
- Experience organizing and coordinating multiple events and marketing campaigns simultaneously.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Experience in video or web conferencing preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong project/people leadership skills; ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and self-prioritize workload.
- Self-starter who is deadline-drive and energized by people and fast-paced environments.
- Ability and excitement to travel throughout Colorado for meetings and events.
What’s in it For You
- You will work in a collaborative environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, flexible work schedule, 401k and Profit Sharing with company match, and health/dental/vision insurance.