The commercial construction industry has a unique interest in energy policy, as it represents not only a large-scale energy consumer, but also acts as a key facilitator of domestic energy exploration, production and transportation.
- Decreasing America’s dependence on foreign sources of energy by increasing domestic exploration and responsible production of fossil fuels and development of alternative/renewable sources of energy.
- Allowing responsible oil and gas development offshore and in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
- The development of oil shale technology and the construction of new refineries, along with new and sustainable energy sources.
- New construction and upgrades to power plants and transmission infrastructure (e.g., pipelines) built with open competition and without government-mandated project labor agreements.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency overstepping its statutory authority.
- Overly burdensome federal regulatory actions that would impede energy production in the United States and result in higher energy costs for hardworking Americans.
ABC supports efforts by the Trump administration to modify or repeal some of the most harmful and costly regulatory actions of the Obama administration, including the Clean Power Plan and the Waters of the United States rules, to address the energy needs of hardworking Americans and the construction industry.
ABC supports an all-of-the-above energy policy that lessens the nation’s dependence on foreign sources of energy and encourages the responsible development of traditional fossil fuels along with alternative/renewable energy sources to ensure affordable and reliable energy for all Americans.
ABC supports efforts to ensure environmental quality in our communities through historically proven methods such as gains in efficiency, new available technologies, and market-based increases in the use of renewable energy. ABC believes this approach will encourage innovative and affordable solutions to address pollution and reduce carbon emissions in the United States.
ABC will continue to advocate for a comprehensive energy policy and oppose any actions that would destroy American jobs and increase the cost of energy across the United States.