On Feb. 11, ABC, as a member of the Partnership for Employer-Sponsored Coverage (P4ESC) sent letters to President Joe Biden and Congress outlining policy principles and priorities important to ensuring employment-based health coverage continues to thrive for millions of hardworking Americans and their families.
The letters address the myriad of health challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to confront these challenges, P4ESC is urging President Biden and Congress to do the following:
• Preserve and strengthen employer-sponsored health coverage
• Promote innovations and diversity of plan designs and offerings for employees
• Uphold the current tax-treatment of employer-sponsored coverage
• Address health system costs and challenges
• Provide employers with compliance relief from burdensome regulations
The letters also discussed vaccinating Americans against COVID-19 and the need for additional federal clarification on employers’ ability to offer employees incentives to vaccinate without running afoul of federal laws.