Does your company employ craft trainees and apprentices who excel in their trade? Have you and your employees participated in a craft competition at your local ABC chapter? Our National Craft Championships
is welcoming those who want to take their skills to the next level and showcase what they can do on a national stage. If you want your employees to show what your company is about –growing a skilled workforce and delivering the best work—then submit an intent to compete form and claim your spot in the 2015 National Craft Championships.
Employees training at an ABC member company or trainees who have placed in their local ABC chapter
craft competition are eligible to compete
against their peers from across the country in one of the 13 following competitions:
- Carpentry: Residential/Commercial
- Electrical: Commercial-Industrial
- Electrical: Residential-Commercial
- Fire Sprinkler
- Instrumentation Fitting
- Millwright/Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Sheet Metal
The top three in each craft will walk away a national champion, prizes in tow, and will be recognized nationally for being the top in their skilled trade.
Here’s what you have to do to get involved:
- Submit an Intent to Compete form by Dec. 1 stating which craft you will be entering a competitor into.
- Once you know which employee you’ll be sending, complete the online registration form by Jan. 9.
- Meet us in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., March 3-6 to compete for the top title.
In addition, the new NCC Team Competition is accepting competitors. To form a team, the group must be made of the following journeymen: a pipefitter, electrician, carpenter, millwright and an insulator.
For more eligibility information on the Team Competition, visit nationalcraftchampionships.com