Tuesday, May 2, 2023 10:42 AM
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - NEW ORLEANS CHAPTER OFFICE
||Greater New Orleans, LA
To apply: click here
Overview: Reporting to the Vice President of Workforce Development of Associated Builders and Contractors New Orleans/Bayou Chapter, the Workforce Coordinator is responsible for various duties that support all facets of education and apprenticeship along with chapter-wide initiatives of ABC.
Job Summary: As a Workforce Coordinator for the Associated Builders and Contractors New Orleans/Bayou Chapter, you will report to the Vice President of Workforce Development and support education, apprenticeship, and chapter-wide initiatives. This role includes various duties, such as data collection and communication, data entry and distribution, outreach, and assisting with various education programs.
Data Collection and Communication:
- Respond to inquiries from prospective students.
- Process applications and schedule classes
- Utilize email and text services to contact students for various reasons.
- Facilitate communication and tracking of all educational offerings provided by ABC.
Data Entry and Distribution:
- Maintain the educational database by updating contact information, On the Job Learning timesheets, attendance records, test scores, performance profiles, completion and termination dates, and other necessary functions.
- Utilize the educational database to pull reports for students, employers, or as requested by other ABC Bayou staff.
- Maintain the RAPIDS database with new, canceled, completed, and suspended apprenticeship information.
- Utilize RAPIDS to provide Davis Bacon Certs to Apprenticeship Companies on a 90-day basis.
- Coordinate and participate in area career fairs by communicating with interested members and preparing documents, swag, and table info.
- Coordinate visits with high schools and member companies
- Recruit apprentices from the public and member companies through ads, visits, career fairs, etc.
- Prepare for and attend all meetings held by each assigned committee.
- Assist with High School Craft Competition
- Assist with the development and implementation of various education programs to emphasize the changing trends and issues in the construction industry.
- Assist with Build Your Future event.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Chapter President/CEO and VP of Workforce Development.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
Read the rest of entry »
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to handle problems.
- Excellent phone etiquette