Monday, September 11, 2023 2:56 PM
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - METRO WASHINGTON CHAPTER OFFICE
||CraftMasters Training Academy Training Program Manager
||Director of Education
||Academy Manager and Director of Education
ABC CraftMasters Training Academy, where we ”Train the Future to Build the Future!”
Bring your skills and experience to ABC CraftMasters to provide adult education to the critically important world of the construction trades. Help to drive a growing and thriving construction and safety training program to help the next generation of craft and construction trades.
ABC OF METRO WASHINGTON and ABC CRAFTMASTERS TRAINING TRUST
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) of Metro Washington is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 22,000 members nationwide. ABC of Metro Washington was the second chapter in the nation, chartered in 1958, and ranks in the top 10 chapters nationwide.
Based on the merit shop philosophy, ABC helps members develop people, win work and deliver work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which they work.
At ABC CraftMasters Training Trust, our focus is to develop construction trade professionals through innovative educational programming that provides the Metro Washington Region with the most highly skilled workforce.
Directly support the administration and oversight of the CraftMasters Training Academy Program as it evolves to meet the needs of the client groups and other constituencies.
- Evaluate instructors in classroom settings to identify strengths and opportunities. In conjunction with Academy Manager, provide feedback and guidance to recognize displayed skills and counseling on improvements, as may be required.
- Support Academy peers with database software (Flashpoint Construction Education) and participate in recording standard updates of class and student records to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Support the development and pilot of an adjunct, supplementary construction or safety-related curriculum that qualifies as Related Training.
- Participate in coverage of classes when instructors are detained or unavailable, when possible and requested by the Academy Manager. Training provided.
- Analyze and recommend modifications/improvements to training workflow and processes associated with the student and employer experience that will directly impact efficiency and quality to help drive client satisfaction.
- Assist the Academy Manager in the administration and oversight of all Registered Training Programs; conduct audits of all Registered Training Program locations as required by programs that utilize off-site learning.
- Routinely visit off-site training locations to evaluate and validate program compliance with facility and training requirements.
- Examine the status of course curriculum on an as-needed basis to ensure continuity in student progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in continuing professional development to enhance skills offered by the role and as an aid to individual career advancement.
- Assist during Academy event preparation, instructor cadre gatherings, and ceremonies, as may be requested from time-to-time.
- Monitor online learning sessions to ensure veracity of learning process and to refine virtual education processes.
The Training Program Manager operates under supervision of the Academy Manager and Director of Education and is expected to perform all tasks related to the position’s basic functions with varying degrees of direct supervision. Collaboration and teamwork are considered a core value in execution of the responsibilities of the role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 3-5 years of experience in a construction-related field.
- Strong orientation and energy toward collaboration and partnership with all levels of the organization; a strong team-player with skills and the ability to work independently when required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and standard online conferencing platforms (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills that display clarity along with the ability to convey complex concepts and ideas in a tactful and effective manner.
- Exceptional organizational skills associated with planning and scheduling.
- Strong detail-orientation and ability to cross-check data when preparing reports and recommendations.
Must possess reliable transportation as significant local travel will be required approximately 20% of the time for site and instructor evaluations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Certifications relating to education and/or the Construction Industry
- Familiarity with FlashPoint Construction Education Application.
- Program/Project Management
- Experience teaching adult learners in a vocational curriculum.
- Direct hands-on or trainer-level experience in a standard construction trade helpful (i.e., Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing).
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS CORE VALUES
- ABC values the free-market system as the basic premise of economic freedom.
- ABC believes in open and fair competition.
- ABC values a commitment to continually strive to attain the highest standards of performance in business and construction.
- ABC believes in strength in diversity and inclusiveness.
- ABC values personal and corporate integrity and trust.
- ABC values industry and personal professionalism.
- ABC values good corporate citizenship.
- ABC values lifelong learning and a commitment to developing the future and current workforces.
- ABC values good stewardship and fiscal responsibility in the leadership and management of the association.
Commensurate with experience. Outstanding fringe benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a retirement savings program.
Read the rest of entry »
Tuesday, June 20, 2023 10:53 AM
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - METRO WASHINGTON CHAPTER OFFICE
||Director of Events and Management Education
To apply: Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume. Apply online here.
ABC of Metro Washington, a chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), is a trade association that represents the commercial construction industry. ABC of Metro Washington is the pre-eminent advocate for fair and open competition and the merit shop philosophy, and the premiere construction association in the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area.
The Director of Events and Management Education is an exciting opportunity to bring your entrepreneurial spirit, events planning, organizational, communication, creativity and revenue-generating strategies to ABC. This position is responsible for directing and managing a significant non-dues revenue program that includes delivering networking functions, special events, and educational programs to ABC members and the industry.
This position requires friendly collaboration with association volunteers and other staff members in a fast-paced environment to deliver quality programming that brings value to and meets the needs of the construction industry.
ABC of Metro Washington is conveniently located near Montgomery, Prince George's and Howard counties. Easily accessible to ICC and I95.
Supported by shared administrative assistant.
As Director of Events and Management Education, your responsibilities include:
Direct ABC's non-dues revenue activities:
- Develop and deliver industry-leading events for all facets of the association, and robust management education seminars and programs.
- Direct all aspects of multiple networking events (attendee range from 50-400), and all signature events including Excellence in Construction Awards and Golf outings.
- Maintain close dialogue with member companies to understand their needs and align ABC’s offerings.
- Produce an annual plan that addresses members’ training and business development needs and achieves ABC’s financial goals.
- Direct the full life cycle of each program including venue and other contract negotiations; event registration; billing; materials preparation; onsite event management; and post-event evaluations, analysis, and close-out.
- Participate in the development and implementation of marketing strategies designed to promote, support and/or grow event and educational offerings and attendance.
- Effectively utilize technology to deliver services virtually when/if needed or requested.
- Promote the association’s programs in a positive and professional manner to members and other stakeholders.
General management and oversight of operations and finance:
- Prepare and manage annual budgets and regularly provide benchmarking, status and forecasting reports. Responsible for financial oversight to ensure profitability.
- Develop annual sponsorship packages and solicit donors for support.
- Create database records for all activities, tracking registration, payments, and outstanding invoices. Work with Controller on accounts receivable.
- Understand and manage billings and, when required, collections processes.
- Negotiate and review contracts before bringing to President for approval.
- Ensure compliance with all negotiated contracts for vendor/venue services.
Serve as staff liaison to the Programs, Management Education and Golf Outing Committees:
- Establish a clear understanding of the committees’ purpose and role in serving ABC members and the industry.
- Ensure that all record keeping of the committees is accurate and timely, including working with committee chairpersons in the preparation of meeting agendas and writing meeting minutes.
- Direct all aspects of signature events including Excellence in Construction Awards and Golf outings
Standard staff responsibilities:
- Pursue and maintain personal contact with members, including member visits whenever possible. Customer service is essential.
- Represent the association at functions, which could necessitate hours beyond the normal business day.
- Attend ABC’s monthly events and other chapter meetings and events as directed (occasional morning and monthly evening events). Position requires mainly local-area driving for events and meetings.
- Attend and participate in ABC National conferences, when/if assigned.
- Perform other business duties as assigned by the President.
- Chapter staff: Maintain a professional and collaborative relationship with other staff members that helps the Association achieve its goals and ensures a productive, collegial work environment.
- Chapter committees: Maintain a professional and ethical relationship that helps committees achieve their goals to the extent that staff and financial resources allow.
- Committee chairs: Establish and maintain rapport with committee chairs to ensure a smooth and productive working relationship.
- General membership: Respond professionally and promptly to inquiries or requests for help from members. Requests for services or assistance outside of the departments’ resources should be referred to the appropriate department or the President.
- Vendors: Maintain a professional and ethical relationship with those vendors that provide quality services and/or products, and competitive pricing, to ABC.
- Planning and managing business and personal schedules
- Preparing and managing budgets and financial transactions
- Handling customer relations
- Working with volunteers and committees
- Talking on telephone
- Speaking in public
- Operating computer
- Operating basic office equipment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7-10 years of event and programming experience
- Working knowledge/experience with venues in Montgomery County, Prince George's County and the District of Columbia
- Association or meeting planning background preferred
Minimum Requirements/Performance Standards:
- Excellent organizational, logistical and financial management skills.
- Strategic and long-term planning capabilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database management.
- Proficiency in negotiating contracts.
- Proficiency in using virtual platforms (e.g., Zoom, Teams, Airmeet).
- In-depth knowledge of the English language and grammar, including the ability to write comprehensive, legible sentences, correspondence, and other written communications.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Able to communicate (speaking and listening) to members, customers, and the general public.
- World-class customer service experience and skills.
- Highly professional and able to work well with staff members, volunteers, instructors and the public.
- Professional appearance during working hours and business functions.
- Must have own transportation to get to events and meetings.
The work environment within the office has a low to moderate noise level in a temperature-controlled building. Flexibility in changing tasks is required in order to be responsive to immediate member needs as they enter the office, call, or email their requests. The position requires driving in the local area and moderate amounts of time outside of the office attending meetings and/or events. Driving responsibilities include negotiating city, highway, and suburban roads year-round.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply: Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume. Apply online here.
Read the rest of entry »