Monday, April 18, 2022 3:33 PM
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - CAROLINAS CHAPTER OFFICE
||Membership Director and Young Professional Liaison
||Exempt position, reporting to the President-CEO
||Full-time, Exempt, Salaried
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter including salary expectations and resume to [email protected].
Recruiting new members to ABC Carolinas through marketing and sales activities by developing and managing membership recruitment campaigns through marketing efforts, social media platforms and membership programing for the Charlotte, NC market. Ensuring new member orientation, member participation and retention in cooperation with the Board of Directors and membership at large. Serve as the staff liaison for our Young Professionals group, Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX).
- Develop and conduct an ongoing sales program to market ABC memberships to contractors, suppliers, associates, and DE&I qualified member businesses in the Charlotte, NC market area. This includes developing and administering processes for identifying and recruiting potential members.
- Implementing the five-year membership sales growth plan.
- With the guidance of the CEO, develop and execute an annual sales membership growth plan, (based upon the five-year growth plan), including but not limited to:
- Setting sales goals
- Developing target markets
- Developing and maintaining membership prospect and mailing lists
- Creating and implementing membership contest(s)
- With the assistance of existing members and the Board of Directors, generating multiple qualified leads per week and conducting appropriate follow up with each lead as per performance standards set by President-CEO
- Conduct a new member orientation and involvement efforts including but not limited to organizing and conducting new member orientation meetings and encouraging involvement in Chapter programs and committees.
- Ensure development and maintenance of member information in our CHAD database in sufficient detail to support communication and research.
- Maintain, coordinate and promote membership related programs such as the ABC National Beam Club, National Membership Awards and local Chapter Awards.
- In cooperation with the Apprenticeship/Safety Services Director, promote and market the ABC Carolinas to prospective members and new or existing members.
- In cooperation with the Governmental Affairs Director, promote and market the ABC Carolinas to prospective members and new or existing members.
- Help promote membership retention efforts, including cooperating with other staff to organize and conduct visits to all members, maintain regular phone contacts and maintain activity reports tracking member participation.
- Promote and market the ABC Carolinas Major Sponsor program, including ensuring that all Major Sponsor benefits are realized by participating members.
- Sell and coordinate advertising in Chapter publications including the website, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Develop and present to the CEO and Board monthly reports regarding sales efforts, activities and membership statistics.
- Promote use of ABC services, and attendance at ABC general meetings, events and training programs.
- Stay abreast of industry events, member activities and news and continually market members to each other and construction owners and users.
- Serve as Staff Liaison to Membership Committee.
- As Staff Liaison to the Membership Committee, help determine program content of general meetings and special events. Coordinate with other team members to ensure programs organized and executed.
- Write articles for Chapter publications as requested by the CEO.
- Make presentations and participate in chapter events and meetings as required.
- Take photographs of all Chapter events for use in Chapter publications and programs.
FLEX Staff Liaison Responsibilities
With the guidance from the FLEX Steering Committee and other ABCC team members, develop a FLEX program across the ABCC Councils that promotes the development of our young leaders and promotes the merit shop philosophy. 40 years of age and under members.
Utilize ABC National as a resource for programming and ways to tie our Chapter’s program into ABC Nationals focus including FEA/PAC and political advocacy.
- e the conduit between the Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) steering committee and the Chair to establish programming and schedules for FLEX events.
- Collaborate with Director of ABCC Marketing/Communications/Events regarding invitations/social media communications and general communications to our membership at large.
- Assist the FLEX steering committee with programming and event planning.
- Communicate to the ABCC team the minutes from the FLEX steering committee meetings in a timely manner.
- Track the FLEX registrations for not only membership but for event attendance as well through ABC’s Chapter Database.
- Report monthly to the CEO activities of the FLEX initiative.
- Attend and assist in all ABC general meeting and events in coordination with other staff
- From time to time perform other duties as assigned by the CEO
- Travel may be required with overnights including national conferences
- Salary plus commission offered plus benefits
- Contact Amy Sullivan Hicks at [email protected]
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Read the rest of entry »
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.