ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - CENTRAL FLORIDA CHAPTER OFFICE
||President & CEO
||Operates under direct oversight of President and Vice President of Operations
Contact Vice President & COO Nancy Wray with your resume and letter of interest: – [email protected].
The focus of this job is on producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines, and procedures. Precise, consistent work output is essential requiring patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time. Consistent, error free work based on defined regulations and standards are key measures of job performance success.
The Administrative Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President/CEO. Conserves President’s time and promotes the corporate image by representing the president internally and externally, providing liaison between the president, key executives, and employees. The Administrative Assistance must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
The position reports directly to the President. Oversees the administration of the President’s office; providing executive support and is responsible for conserving the President’s time by being proactive in anticipating executive’s needs, reviewing, and replaying to executive’s emails, and generally take the lead with keeping executive organized.
The position serves as a liaison for the President to members and other internal and external stakeholders. The individual must take initiative and ownership over special projects and processes and collaborate with other team members. The individual must exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, uphold a strict level of confidentiality, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Administrative Assistant must be able to work independently and in teams on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion; develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele. Positive go-getter attitude and willing to pitch in wherever needed; able to learn new skills and tasks quickly and with minimal guidance.
Primary Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage President’s social media presence.
- Responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization.
- Coordinate communications with PR firm and various departments.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing office correspondence.
- Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Screens calls and visitors to the president’s office, research, and answer inquiries.
- Represent the president by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence, arranging company lunches, dinners, and other corporate functions.
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare and format reports and documents for internal and external distribution.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President and CEO, with Board members, sponsors, staff, community partners, and others, on matters related to CEO’s programmatic initiatives.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders.
- Edits all and creates acknowledgement letters from the President to donors.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO.
- Serves as the President’s administrative liaison to board of directors.
- Develops and prepares agendas for various departmental and board meetings; coordinates and attends meetings as appropriate; record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings as requested.
- Represents President by attending meetings in the President’s absence.
- Maintains filing systems, both physically and electronically and can effectively file and retrieve documents and reference materials.
- Complete projects and special assignments by establishing objective; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; adjusting plans.
- Coordinate travel with a strong attention to detail, anticipating transportation, lodging, meeting, and communication needs while traveling, developing itineraries and agendas; booking other transportation; arranging lodging and meeting accommodations.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeep” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Coordinates special events, lead pre-event meetings, debriefs, run-throughs and after-action reviews in a timely fashion, ensuring staff, Board member and committee member knowledge regarding event logistics, assignments, roles and responsibilities.
- Attend ABC and community entrenchment events and adjust work schedule accordingly.
- Staff Liaison for ABC of Florida Board including coordinating State Board meetings, State Legislative Day, State Convention and Planning Conference.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- This is a customer-facing role. The Administrative Assistant must have a professional and helpful demeanor. They should be a self-motivated team player with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be honest and trustworthy and display sensitivity to confidential matters, demonstrating sound work ethics. Experience and knowledge of office administration. Excellent interpersonal skills, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans. Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Proficiency in Adobe programs including Photoshop, M3 and Constant Contact. Solid understanding of social media usage including but not limited to: Linked-in, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Forums, Wikis, and blogs.
- Knowledge of common office equipment including copiers, mail machines, fax machines.
- Event Management: Demonstrated success budging for small and large events and working with vendors and speakers. Knowledge of event management and marketing best practices.
- Travel is required and include up to overnight.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience
- Five years of experience in administrative support functions reporting directly to upper management
Licenses or other required Certifications
- Valid Florida driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Tasks involve moderately active physical effort: must be able to twist, kneel, stoop, bend, and safely lift up to 20 lbs. Tasks require dexterity in the use of fingers and limbs.
- Able to work at least 8 hours/day and 40 hours/week. Additional shifts may be required including evening, weekend, and overtime. Able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours a day. Able to drive in a car for up to 8 hours a day.