ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - CENTRAL FLORIDA CHAPTER OFFICE
||President & CEO
Contact Vice President & COO Nancy Wray with your resume and letter of interest: – [email protected].
The Executive Assistant is the supportive force that empowers our senior leadership. The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills. He/She will have previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties, and providing support to management. The Executive Assistant role requires exceptional professionalism and interpersonal skills in working with current and prospective members, boards and committees, vendors, suppliers, the public, and community partners and officials. He/She should be flexible and have foresight, when maintaining confidences related to high-level operations.
As a vital member of a highly effective team, the Executive Assistant understands Central Florida Chapter Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) values, mission, goals, and strategic plan, and contributes to the organization’s success by enthusiastically performing tasks and responsibilities to accomplish individual and organizational objectives.
Objectives of this Role
- With a primary responsibility of supporting the CEO, provide support to the executive team as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently.
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure that priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Screen all incoming phone calls, inquiries, visitors, and correspondence, and route accordingly.
- Support chapter programs by performing various activities including online research, survey dissemination, and contributing to or creating reports.
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls, inform attendees of meeting dates and times, reserve meeting space, ensures the appropriate equipment/materials are available and coordinate hospitality services as needed.
- General office management including coordinate office supply inventories.
- Assist with the creation, editing and/or preparation of program materials.
- Provide program support by ordering materials and supplies, communicating with vendors, helping with registration, etc.
- Manage sales and processing of products including job site signs, decals, etc.
- Input membership or other data into databases or systems.
- Perform general office duties, such as scanning, copying, sending, and distributing mail and packages.
- Oversee office equipment maintenance.
- Support the CEO calendar/schedule; follow the preferred method for reminders and assists with any preparation or research for appointments or meetings.
- Take meeting notes as requested and transcribes them for leadership.
- Cultivate and maintains positive relationships with staff, members, and all others who ABC serves or does business with.
- Use all available resources to keep up to date on current trends in office support and technology; recommend processes or other improvements to help achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Follow all protocols for office maintenance and security; understand the office evacuation procedures to guide staff and visitors in the event of an emergency.
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience
- Five years of experience in administrative support functions reporting directly to upper management
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to keep company confidences
Licenses or other required Certifications
Valid Florida driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
Tasks involve moderately active physical effort: must be able to twist, kneel, stoop, bend, and safely lift up to 50 lbs. Tasks require dexterity in the use of fingers and limbs. Tasks may involve extended periods of time sitting at a workstation and utilizing a keyboard.
The majority of tasks require manual dexterity. Tasks require visual and hearing acuity. Tasks may involve identifying and distinguishing colors. Tasks require oral communications ability.