Associated Builders and Contractors - National Office
||Manager of Leadership and Governance
||Director of Governance and Leadership
TO APPLY: Click here to apply.
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Associated Builders and Contractors is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 68 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. ABC’s membership represents all specialties within the U.S. construction industry and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the industrial and commercial sectors. Visit us at abc.org.
The Manager of Governance and Leadership provides daily support and customer service to chapters and the Chapter Services department with assistance in areas that include, but are not limited to, awards programs, information management, and governance. This position provides key support to all Chapter Services staff, both in the office and in the field. The qualified candidate will have the ability to work independently and interdependently with other staff to meet association-wide strategic goals.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Maintain database for governance information for the Board of Directors and national committees as well as other volunteer activities
- Manage communications for National officers, as directed
- Assist in preparing board orientations and strategic planning sessions for chapters
- Participate and provide support for the Chapter Accreditation Process
- Work with Chapter Development staff to help chapters achieve minimum association requirements and outline paths to become high performing
- Communicate with regular phone calls, assist with travel scheduling and reports
- Provide backup support for department staff, as necessary
- Update necessary websites as directed by department Vice-President and Directors.
- Other duties as necessary and assigned
Chapter Awards Programs
- Assist in processing awards, uploading materials and data appropriately, and correspond with primary point of contact for awards and recognition programs
- Assist program managers in development of award marketing materials.
- Order and mail plaques, as needed
- Coordinate shipment and delivery of department resources and materials for conferences
- Provide assistance in planning and execution of meetings and programs, as necessary
- Provide on-site assistance at meetings and awards programs, as necessary
- Maintain and process reports from multiple databases
- Maintain chapter information in database, Outlook, and online leadership directory
- Review and update online leadership directory listings on organization websites
- Provide support in updating materials and pages on National Connections
- Enter and update national and chapter board, national committee and task force information in the database
- Organize and distribute the chapter weekly re-cap
- Serve as point person for national surveys via Qualtrics
- Work with chapters to launch chapter board assessment and membership surveys via Qualtrics
- Pull quarterly report data from national database and maintain data/files in shared folder(s)
- Assist in data gathering for the Chapter Accreditation Process
- Review and provide data from quarterly reports via the national database and archives
- Support annual committee appointment process by providing documentation for review by the incoming national chair and sending communications to incoming and outgoing committee members, as directed.
- Provide communications to national Board of Directors and committees, as directed
- Coordinate webinars, committee meetings, and council meetings, as directed
- Assist in development of presentations for various conferences and/or meetings
- Provide administrative support as needed for production and cataloguing and distribution of minutes, rosters, and manuals
- Assist with registration and record keeping for Board and committee meetings
- Bachelors degree (B.S.); or equivalent training from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years of experience in a related field
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Strong proficiency with all programs in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Understanding of web design and social media.
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self.
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines.
- Writing and verbal skills.
- Self-starter, highly organized.
- Coordination of projects, conference call, webinars, meetings and/or events a plus.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work in a demanding self-directed work schedule.
- Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently.
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
- Work accurately with close attention to detail.
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Chapter Services Coordinator job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.