Associated Builders and Contractors - National Office
||Director of Construction Technology and Innovation
||Construction Technology and Innovation
||Vice President, Director of Construction Technology and Innovation
TO APPLY: Click here to apply online.
ABC’s position descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s position descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors is a national association with 69 chapters representing more than 21,000 merit shop construction and construction-related firms. ABC’s membership represents all specialties within the U.S. construction industry and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the industrial and commercial sectors of the industry.
The Director of Construction Technology and Innovation reports directly to the VP of construction tech and innovation. This position is the second contact for the associations Construction Technology and Innovation long range strategic plan objectives, representing ABC to members, media, external agencies, corporations, partnerships, and regional and national technology and innovation groups. We are looking for a transformational leader with demonstrated ability to grasp large complex strategic construction technology and innovation efforts that will transform the industry. The position will be educating our chapters and members on tech education and support the tech events locally and tech partnerships nationally.
- Work synergistically with the collective internal and external ABC team to help deploy the ABC 5 year Association Wide Strategic Planning Framework.
- Assist with the VP of construction tech and innovation in the development and deployment of the Construction Technology and Innovation Strategy for ABC and thus create the conditions for ABC members to be leaders in the construction industry.
- Work with tech alliance and tech marketplace partners to ensure they are providing consistent value to ABC members, and help in identifying new potential members to both national partner groups.
- Deploy construction technology and innovation education and programming that empower ABC to help members develop people, win work and deliver work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which they operate.
- Through technology events, and education to our members, establish strong member relationships to understand the influence and opportunities that construction technology and innovation have on the industry.
- Support, educate, and introduce ABC members to innovative construction technological opportunities that add value and advances their abilities to achieve operating goals.
- Live the Bylaws and Policies of the ABC.
- Play a key role in the development of tech and innovation resources that include our ABC tech report, ABC Safety Technology Resource Guide, Tech Alliance program, and Tech Marketplace Program
- Work in the spirit of high trust, high collaboration with the chapters and national staff on the above to deliver the member value proposition.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of time.
- Proven leadership experience with direct accountability and expertise within construction technology and innovation.
- Possess highly developed analytical skills, writing and presentation skills, and ability to communicate with business/industry and technology leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain diverse strategic alliances with technology entities, businesses, and the community.
- Strong team building, interpersonal and communications skills necessary to lead in a complex organizational structure.
- High energy coupled with a positive attitude and the ability to build and lead teams towards successful collaborations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree at an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ plus years of construction industry and/or strong technology and innovation experience
- Trainer/instructor experience preferred
- Fluent in Social Media is a plus
- Marketing and Communications skills are a plus
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Worthy of trust solid character and competence
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self
- Collaborative team player who respects people and diversity of thought
- Customer oriented with innovative value add thinking
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines
- Confidence in public speaking and excellent writing, and presentation skills
- Self-starter who pays close attention to details to produce quality work
- Skilled in planning, coordinating, and facilitation of projects, meetings and/or events
- Ability to take ownership of a process and see through from start to finish
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal integrity and ethical standards
- Problem solver who is able to work both individually and in a team to reach a common goal
ABCs Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABCs Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 69 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at www.abc.org.
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.