ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - CENTRAL FLORIDA CHAPTER OFFICE
||Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
Contact Vice President & COO Nancy Wray with your resume and letter of interest: – [email protected].
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for implementing the marketing and communications strategies and efforts aimed at generating association awareness to achieve membership goals and increase membership engagement. The Marketing Coordinator will work to build brand awareness, build content, and create marketing materials associated with the association’s programs and events calendars. Responsible for holding brand standards so that materials are cohesive and consistent across Marketing channels including but not limited to ads, events, email, web and social. The Marketing Coordinator will also closely collaborate with team members when planning and executing marketing campaigns.
The coordinator will work with the President & CEO on public relations efforts, including content development, media, and community outreach, promoting events and happenings, and thoughtfully position CF ABC as a leader in the construction industry through advocacy, education, customer/supplier connections, and the premier resource for tools that give construction companies a competitive edge. The role requires exceptional professionalism and interpersonal skills in working with current and prospective members, boards and committees, vendors, suppliers, the public, and community partners and officials. The Marketing Coordinator demonstrates excellence in communication, priority management, and keen attention to detail.
This position works closely with all levels of the association and the VP/COO to budget, plan, prepare, and execute communication & marketing strategies and innovations. The individual in this position demonstrates values-based leadership by building on his or her strengths and the strengths of staff and volunteers to ensure all elements necessary to effectively market and communicate the association’s value to its members and the Central Florida region at large.
As a vital member of a highly effective team, the Marketing Coordinator contributes to the development of the overall strategic plan and aligns membership strategies and objectives to the organization’s short and long-term goals. The coordinator is a champion for ABC’s values, mission, and vision and operates as a strategic partner who is also willing to do any task when the need arises. The individual in this position contributes to the organization’s success by enthusiastically accomplishing individual and departmental objectives.
- Establish and implement marketing and communication plans that ensure brand consistency and support the organizational goals.
- Communicates with team members and leadership, the board, committees and volunteers to ensure cohesive implementation of all communication & marketing plans and initiatives.
- Researches, creates, secures, and manages distribution and sharing of content through all communication channels.
- Responsible for the marketing and communication of conferences and regional events and meetings to drive member engagement and attendance.
- Design marketing materials in print and digital formats, upholding our brand standards by following all style guides to include but not limited to brochures, marketing flyers, marketing swag, emails, social media graphics, website, etc.
- Produce high-quality materials using Adobe InDesign.
- Creates, designs, and manages the publication and distribution of bi-monthly magazine, the annual directory, and the annual awards magazine.
- Responsible for advertising sales in bi-monthly magazine, directory, website, and emails to meet or exceed annual budget.
- Develops and tracks the departmental budget.
- Monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of marketing initiatives, including digital communication and the association’s web site to optimize efficiencies for the organization as a whole. Provides monthly reports on department activities, trends, and recommendations.
- Represents ABC CF at appropriate events and meetings; takes photos for marketing/social media.
- Has a thorough understanding of association membership services and benefits; can provide answers and solutions to current and prospective members.
- Maintains an understanding of construction industry trends and makes appropriate recommendations related to the communications and marketing strategies.
- Develop with the President & CEO and deliver comprehensive and long-term public relations plans to advance the association’s mission, goals, and growth with key audiences.
- Is a vital member of an inter-departmental team and works with all staff to accomplish individual and organizational goals.
- Cultivates and maintains positive relationships with staff, members, and all others who CF ABC serves or does business with.
- Sets an example for others regarding office maintenance and security by following protocols.
- Maintains communication and marketing knowledge by attending workshops/conferences, subscribing to industry publications and/or maintaining membership in professional associations.
- Maintains the Chapter website.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, focus on communications, marketing or related field preferred.
Minimum of (3) years’ work or volunteer experience in communications and marketing or related field.
A combination of the following education and experience may be substituted for the requirements:
- Associates Degree and (5) years’ work or volunteer experience in communications and marketing or related field
Licenses or other required Certifications
Valid Florida driver’s license and vehicle insurance
Knowledge & Skills
- Strategic thinker; proven track record of both initiating and carrying out communication and marketing strategies in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Strong solutions thinker, proactive with solid organization and project management skills to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrates executive level project- and time-management skills
- Uses data to inform strategic plans, recommendations, and decisions
- Has the ability to create and track departmental and project budgets
- Is proficient in the most current Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (adobe Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Skilled in web design/update, internet navigation, social media content
- Has the ability to learn and work in membership databases/CRM systems
- Highly reliable and trustworthy
- Accountable for responsibilities and errors
- Takes initiative
Tasks involve moderately active physical effort: must be able to twist, kneel, stoop, bend, and safely lift up to 30 lbs. Tasks require dexterity in the use of fingers and limbs. Tasks may involve extended periods of time sitting at a workstation and utilizing a keyboard.
The majority of tasks require manual dexterity. Tasks require visual and hearing acuity. Tasks may involve identifying and distinguishing colors. Tasks require oral communications ability.
Central Florida Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
ABC is committed to hiring and providing continued employment to qualified candidates and employees and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. An individual with a disability is qualified if he or she satisfies the skills, experience, and other job-related requirements for a position; and can perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between ABC and the employee and is subject to change by ABC as the needs of the organization and requirements of the job change.