ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - METRO WASHINGTON CHAPTER OFFICE
||CraftMasters Training Academy Training Program Manager
||Director of Education
||Academy Manager and Director of Education
ABC CraftMasters Training Academy, where we ”Train the Future to Build the Future!”
Bring your skills and experience to ABC CraftMasters to provide adult education to the critically important world of the construction trades. Help to drive a growing and thriving construction and safety training program to help the next generation of craft and construction trades.
ABC OF METRO WASHINGTON and ABC CRAFTMASTERS TRAINING TRUST
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) of Metro Washington is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 22,000 members nationwide. ABC of Metro Washington was the second chapter in the nation, chartered in 1958, and ranks in the top 10 chapters nationwide.
Based on the merit shop philosophy, ABC helps members develop people, win work and deliver work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which they work.
At ABC CraftMasters Training Trust, our focus is to develop construction trade professionals through innovative educational programming that provides the Metro Washington Region with the most highly skilled workforce.
Directly support the administration and oversight of the CraftMasters Training Academy Program as it evolves to meet the needs of the client groups and other constituencies.
- Evaluate instructors in classroom settings to identify strengths and opportunities. In conjunction with Academy Manager, provide feedback and guidance to recognize displayed skills and counseling on improvements, as may be required.
- Support Academy peers with database software (Flashpoint Construction Education) and participate in recording standard updates of class and student records to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Support the development and pilot of an adjunct, supplementary construction or safety-related curriculum that qualifies as Related Training.
- Participate in coverage of classes when instructors are detained or unavailable, when possible and requested by the Academy Manager. Training provided.
- Analyze and recommend modifications/improvements to training workflow and processes associated with the student and employer experience that will directly impact efficiency and quality to help drive client satisfaction.
- Assist the Academy Manager in the administration and oversight of all Registered Training Programs; conduct audits of all Registered Training Program locations as required by programs that utilize off-site learning.
- Routinely visit off-site training locations to evaluate and validate program compliance with facility and training requirements.
- Examine the status of course curriculum on an as-needed basis to ensure continuity in student progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in continuing professional development to enhance skills offered by the role and as an aid to individual career advancement.
- Assist during Academy event preparation, instructor cadre gatherings, and ceremonies, as may be requested from time-to-time.
- Monitor online learning sessions to ensure veracity of learning process and to refine virtual education processes.
The Training Program Manager operates under supervision of the Academy Manager and Director of Education and is expected to perform all tasks related to the position’s basic functions with varying degrees of direct supervision. Collaboration and teamwork are considered a core value in execution of the responsibilities of the role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 3-5 years of experience in a construction-related field.
- Strong orientation and energy toward collaboration and partnership with all levels of the organization; a strong team-player with skills and the ability to work independently when required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and standard online conferencing platforms (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills that display clarity along with the ability to convey complex concepts and ideas in a tactful and effective manner.
- Exceptional organizational skills associated with planning and scheduling.
- Strong detail-orientation and ability to cross-check data when preparing reports and recommendations.
Must possess reliable transportation as significant local travel will be required approximately 20% of the time for site and instructor evaluations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Certifications relating to education and/or the Construction Industry
- Familiarity with FlashPoint Construction Education Application.
- Program/Project Management
- Experience teaching adult learners in a vocational curriculum.
- Direct hands-on or trainer-level experience in a standard construction trade helpful (i.e., Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing).
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS CORE VALUES
- ABC values the free-market system as the basic premise of economic freedom.
- ABC believes in open and fair competition.
- ABC values a commitment to continually strive to attain the highest standards of performance in business and construction.
- ABC believes in strength in diversity and inclusiveness.
- ABC values personal and corporate integrity and trust.
- ABC values industry and personal professionalism.
- ABC values good corporate citizenship.
- ABC values lifelong learning and a commitment to developing the future and current workforces.
- ABC values good stewardship and fiscal responsibility in the leadership and management of the association.
Commensurate with experience. Outstanding fringe benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a retirement savings program.