Associated Builders and Contractors - National Office
||Associate Editor, Construction Executive
||Editor in Chief, Construction Executive
TO APPLY: Click here to apply.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national association with 68 chapters representing more than 22,000 merit shop construction and construction-related firms. ABC’s membership represents all specialties within the U.S. construction industry and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the industrial and commercial sectors of the industry. ABC’s strategic goals are to provide value to the construction industry through political advocacy, safety and total human health initiatives, developing the construction workforce of the future and providing top-notch member benefits, including Construction Executive (CE), which is the magazine for the business of construction. CE’s mission is to inform, educate and inspire by providing insights on achieving peak business performance and telling the stories of construction leaders and professionals who excel in the merit shop construction industry.
The Associate Editor of ABC’s Construction Executive serves as a key member of the CE editorial team, supporting and participating in the creation of content for the CE print magazine, website and CE This Week newsletter that serves to inform, educate and inspire construction industry professionals.
Research, report and write feature articles, departments and other original content for CE’s print magazine and website that support ABC’s strategic goals and position the magazine as an essential resource for members and nonmembers alike.
Actively participate in the editing/proofing process for each issue of CE’s print magazine and newsletter.
Support the production of CE This Week, including:
- Helping maintain the editorial calendar, including helping determine the story lineup for each issue.
- Editing and publishing articles using CE’s content management system.
- Contributing original content as needed.
- Participating in production and proofing process.
Lead all CE post-production processes, including posting content from the print magazine to both the website and the digital platform.
Manage the [email protected] mailbox, including:
- Reviewing articles pitches for potential use in CE or CE This Week.
- Working with potential contributors to develop pitches into articles.
Support production of CE webinars, including:
- Moderating some of CE’s live webinars.
- Editing marketing materials, webinar scripts and landing-page copy as needed.
Assist with editing ABC projects, including newsletters, press materials, marketing copy and website content on an as-needed basis.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with coursework in journalism, communications and/or digital media.
- 3-4 years of writing and editing experience with a magazine and/or digital publication.
- Curiosity, creativity and aptitude for short- and long-form storytelling.
- Excellent oral and written communication, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to complete highly accurate work with close attention to detail.
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem-solving skills to resolve issues.
- Highest levels of personal and ethical standards.
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees withou t regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or executive orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.