ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - SOUTH TEXAS CHAPTER OFFICE
||San Antonio, TX
||Exempt position, reporting to the President/CEO
||Negotiable. Base salary, plus commission/bonuses. Competitive Benefits.
Associated Builders and Contractors of South Texas seeks a highly motivated and experienced sales professional to help expand and sustain our membership in the greater San Antonio area.
In this role, a Membership Director, reporting directly to the President & CEO of ABC South Texas, will develop and execute strategies to recruit new members, retain existing members, and manage various aspects of marketing and event planning for the chapter.
ABC South Texas Chapter is chartered by the national ABC organization, headquartered in Washington, D.C. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC provides professional development and networking to the construction industry that enables member companies to win and deliver work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. ABC's membership represents all specialties within the construction industry and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the commercial sector.
The Membership Director is responsible for implementing and driving the association’s annual membership goals through targeted recruitment and retention strategies including marketing campaigns, event planning, and membership recruitment and outreach. Additionally, the Membership Director will be responsible for tracking existing member participation to ensure they are maximizing the value of their membership and overall satisfaction with the association.
- Identify and recruit contractor companies by developing and maintaining membership prospect lists.
- Develop and execute an annual membership growth plan using KPIs set up by the chapter that protect the financial stability of the chapter, meeting and/or exceeding recruitment/sales goals.
- Create and implement membership events, contest(s), etc., assisting with planning and execution.
- Work with existing members and the Board of Directors to assist with referrals and lead generation of new members, conducting appropriate follow-up with each lead as per performance standards set by President-CEO.
- Conduct new member orientation and involvement (on-boarding) efforts including but not limited to organizing and conducting new member orientation meetings and encouraging involvement in Chapter events, committees and sponsorship programs.
- Promote and successfully deliver membership retention efforts, including cooperating with other staff to organize and conduct visits to all members, maintain regular phone contacts and maintain activity reports tracking member participation.
- Promote and market sponsorship/advertising opportunities for non-dues revenue.
- Develop and present to the President-CEO and Board presentations regarding recruitment efforts, activities and membership statistics.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and news; continually market members to each other and construction owners and users.
- Work with other ABC South Texas staff to ensure that all programs and events are well organized, executed and marketed, and attend these events.
- Coordinate the production and development of the ABC Directory
- All other duties as assigned by the President-CEO.
- Sales experience and proven track record of setting and meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Motivated by and comfortable with a commission-based sales position.
- Highly developed interpersonal, networking, and rapport-building traits; with an appreciation for executing extraordinary customer service.
- Excellent verbal, written and public communication/presentation skills.
- Self-directed, motivated and goal-oriented with attention to detail and commitment to the overall excellence of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and perform within deadlines.
- Highly competent use of technology such as Excel, Microsoft Office, Zoom, computer networks, databases, and the internet. This includes but is not limited to the ability to learn and successfully use the ABC CHAD database.
- Experience working with minimal supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with others; team player, comfortable working independently and with a small team.
- Ability to attend all networking/member events required. Some early morning, evening and weekend hours will be necessary. Some travel may be required for training or other purposes.
- Reliable transportation and a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Understanding and support of ABC’s mission.
- BS in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Sales, or a relevant field preferred
- 5+ years of related experience in sales, non-profit, business development, marketing, communications or other related fields
- Experience in trade association membership sales
- Understanding of the construction industry
- Familiar with the greater San Antonio area
ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
While performing the responsibilities of the Membership Director, the employee is required to speak and listen. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel and operate a vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to lift, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and move boxed items.
This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Serious applicants should send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume and references to [email protected].