Associated Builders and Contractors - National Office
||Membership Resources Manager
||Director of Membership, Communications and Resources
TO APPLY: Click here to apply.
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 22,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 68 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work.
The Membership Resources Manager plays a crucial role in representing ABC's philosophy, policy positions, programs, and services to chapters and members. They provide guidance and training to staff and volunteer leaders, ensuring exceptional performance. The primary areas of responsibility encompass communications, marketing, membership, volunteer management, governance, education, and advocacy. The Membership Resources Manager collaborates with chapters to build strong relationships and provide direction in achieving Association goals within the overarching strategic plan.
Communications and Marketing
- Assist in promoting and deploying all ABC resources and programs/services.
- Provide support to ensure compliance with brand guidelines and track progress.
- Contribute to developing on-site and virtual training for chapter staff, covering topics such as membership, communications/marketing, and more.
- Collaborate with Constant Contact partner chapters to enhance engagement and increase participation, including developing templates.
- Manage and enhance social media engagement for ABC chapters.
- Contribute to the creation of membership marketing content and webinar series.
- Assist in reviewing and updating website content, seeking feedback from the membership for improvements.
- Respond to email inquiries and facilitate information sharing among chapters and members.
- Aid in the development and execution of successful membership recruitment and retention plans in collaboration with chapters, committees, and stakeholders.
- Develop compelling content and consistent, engaging messaging for chapters using various platforms, including listservs, forums, social media groups, and on-site visits.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new membership engagement programs.
- Identify and cultivate potential new members while retaining existing ones.
- Assist in creating creative and captivating membership marketing materials.
- Support all aspects of member record maintenance.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in Association Management or related field.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in personal computer skills, including email, routine database functions, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proven experience in developing marketing plans and campaigns.
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills.
- A metrics-driven marketing mindset combined with a creative eye.
- Familiarity with marketing automation and CRM tools.
- Professional demeanor and ability to present oneself effectively.
- Ownership mentality and strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
- Diligent attention to detail and accuracy.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
This is a remote position with headquarters based in Washington, D.C. Up to 35% travel may be required.
Commensurate with experience. Outstanding fringe benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a retirement savings program.
Nondiscrimination: ABC maintains a steadfast commitment to equal opportunity and takes affirmative action to ensure fairness for all current and prospective employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance, or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.