Posted on Friday, October 14, 2022 8:15 AM By Jennifer Huber
p class="Heading5">Associated Builders and Contractors - National Office
||Communications, Marketing and Member Services
TO APPLY: Click here to apply.
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
The Construction Executive Digital Editor position is responsible for maintaining and growing CE’s online presence through its newsletter and social media channels—helping develop and distribute digital content that elevates the construction industry as well as CE’s role within it. The Digital Editor serves as a key member of CE’s editorial team; the ideal candidate will bring creativity and energy to this position, and welcome the opportunity to revitalize and redefine how we cover the business of construction.
- Manage and produce CE This Week weekly newsletter, including:
- Maintaining newsletter editorial calendar, including identifying top story for each issue
- Reviewing pitches and assigning articles to interested contributors
- Editing and publishing all articles using CE’s content management system
- Leading production and proofing process for each issue, including sourcing, sizing and placing all art; and liaising with CE’s sales partner to traffic and place all ads
- Distributing each issue through CE’s mail platform
- Tracking open rates and other analytics to help finetune the newsletter’s content mix
- Develop and implement CE’s social media strategy with the goal of growing online engagement, including:
- Drafting and scheduling posts for CE and CE This Week content on social channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
- Monitoring and maintaining CE’s social feeds
- Monitoring and participating in construction industry social conversations when appropriate
- Tracking engagement metrics to help finetune CE’s social media strategy
- Assist Managing Editor and Senior Editor with post-production for CE print issues, including:
- Posting content from the print magazine to the website
- Hyperlinking names and businesses in the digital edition
- Sharing links with contributors and encouraging them to share on social media
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with coursework in journalism, digital media and/or communications
- 1-2 years of related work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication, copyediting and proofreading skills
- Strong knowledge of content management systems and social media platforms
- Ability to complete highly accurate work with close attention to detail
- Knowledge of the interplay between print and digital media, including social media and content marketing
- Ability to effectively research various audiences and target with appropriate communications
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines
- Strong multitasking and time-management skills
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem-solving skills to resolve issues
- Highest level of professional and ethical standards
It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
While performing the responsibilities Marketing/Communications Manager, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.