Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2023 1:34 PM By Jennifer Huber
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS - CENTRAL TEXAS CHAPTER OFFICE
||Director of Marketing, Communications and Events
||President & CEO
||Full-time, Exempt, Salaried
To apply: send resume to [email protected].
Leading the charge of the Chapter’s communications and marketing strategy and implementation and plan and execute chapter events. This position will develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach, social media and website content creation and updates. This position will plan and execute high quality events that will increase engagement from our current members and introduce new members to ABC. This will assist the Chapter in driving new members and retaining existing members. They will act as a public-facing liaison and representative for the Chapter, while representing and promoting our brand and core values.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes an annual social media calendar. Existing social media outlets are LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.
- Update the Chapter’s social media outlets on a daily/weekly basis as events dictate.
- Update the Chapter website with current, informative content relevant to our members needs and strategically targeted to promote and develop new members.
- Coordinate press releases with ABC National for the Chapter website, our monthly e-newsletter, and other content as requested by the President or other ABC Central Texas staff members. Create and deploy communications with the membership as necessary. Strategically collaborate with the Chapter’s team members and the Chapter’s President in the design and development of marketing materials to grow the organization and build brand awareness. Such materials include invitations, e-newsletters, social media templates, etc.
- Make recommendations to key internal team members in brainstorming content ideas, in line with the organization’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate the results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Build and maintain relationships with key external contacts such as vendors as it relates to our marketing and communications.
Administrative and Member Services
- Use membership database as necessary to update event and member information.
- Promote attendance at all Chapter programs to members and to prospects through social media content, e-mail blasts, face to face communications, etc.
- Promote committee and board involvement to all association members through social media content, e-mail blasts, face to face communications.
- Report as needed to Board of Directors updates on marketing and communications.
- Manage assigned events from concept to completion including negotiating contracts with venues and vendors, creating and managing timelines and deadlines for events, day of event support and management, and partner with internal team members to conceptualize, develop events, taking into consideration goals, themes, audiences and client culture.
- Events include, but are not limited to, golf tournaments, clay shoots, BBQ and Chili cookoffs, award banquets, member luncheons, and member appreciation events.
- Attend and assist in all ABC Central Texas general meeting and events in coordination with other staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
- Travel will be required with overnights including national conferences.
- Preferred, Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field.
- Preferred, minimum of 2 years’ experience in communications strategy development.
- Preferred, experience in event planning and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, while juggling multiple tasks.
- Highly competent with technology. Proficient and high capability in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe, Canva and other related business and communication tools.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Content-writing experience for all media platforms.
- Experienced and proven social media promoter and marketer across all major platforms, i.e. Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.