Providing quality health care benefits is a top priority for ABC and its member companies.
ABC advocates for policies that would ensure employer-sponsored coverage is strengthened and remains a viable, affordable option for millions of hardworking Americans and their families.
ABC, as a member of the Partnership for Employer-Sponsored Coverage, encourages Congress to consider the following principles and priorities that are important for ensuring employment-based health coverage thrives:
- Preserve and strengthen employer-sponsored health coverage;
- Address medical costs and challenges to help keep coverage affordable;
- Uphold the current tax-treatment of employer-sponsored coverage;
- Provide employers with compliance relief from burdensome regulations governing health coverage; and
- Promote innovations and diversity of plan designs and offerings for employees.
ABC will continue to oppose:
- Federal government mandates that force employers to offer a certain level of health care coverage or be subject to penalties,
- Government takeover of the health care system that would end employer-sponsored health care coverage and impose new tax mandates on employers and employees, and
- Tax increases that could hinder reinvestment and job creation in the construction industry.
ABC looks forward to working with the 118th Congress in a bipartisan manner to develop and implement health care policies.