Return to Previous Page
Providing quality health care benefits is a top priority for ABC and its member companies.
ABC advocates for policies that would ensure employer-sponsored coverage is strengthened and remains a viable, affordable option for millions of hardworking Americans and their families.
ABC, as a member of the Partnership for Employer-Sponsored Coverage, encourages Congress to consider the following principles and priorities that are important for ensuring employment-based health coverage thrives:
- Preserve and strengthen employer-sponsored health coverage;
- Address medical costs and challenges to help keep coverage affordable;
- Uphold the current tax-treatment of employer-sponsored coverage;
- Provide employers with compliance relief from burdensome regulations governing health coverage; and
- Promote innovations and diversity of plan designs and offerings for employees.
ABC will continue to oppose:
- Federal government mandates that force employers to offer a certain level of health care coverage or be subject to penalties,
- Government takeover of the health care system that would end employer-sponsored health care coverage and impose new tax mandates on employers and employees, and
- Tax increases that could hinder reinvestment and job creation in the construction industry.
ABC looks forward to working with the 118th Congress in a bipartisan manner to develop and implement health care policies.
Comments are closed for this post, but if you have spotted an error or have additional info that you think should be in this post, feel free to contact us