ABC’s Top Performers lists recognize ABC member contractors’ achievements in safety, quality, diversity and project excellence ranked by work hours, with special designations identified.
The listings highlight contractors that have earned ABC’s Accredited Quality Contractor credential for their commitment to corporate responsibility in quality, safety, talent management—including inclusion, diversity and equity—education and community relations; those that won national Excellence in Construction,® Safety Excellence and Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Excellence awards; and those that hold designations awarded to diverse companies to help procure work from government and private entities.
To be eligible, Top Performers demonstrated world-class safety performance by achieving Gold status or higher in ABC’s STEP Safety Management System, which makes the top-performing contractors more than six times safer than the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics industry average, according to ABC’s Safety Performance Report. The Top Performers were ranked by size based on the number of hours worked in 2021, as reported in their 2022 STEP applications.
Through STEP, AQC and other robust ABC programs, ABC Top Performers demonstrate they:
- Sustain and grow their businesses, financially and economically
- Offer market-competitive compensation, benefit and retirement packages
- Commit to world-class safety
- Commit to workforce development, education and creating career opportunities
- Commit to an inclusive and diverse work environment
- Develop opportunities for their employees to achieve their career dreams; and
- Cultivate committed leadership.
Top Performers stand out from the competition, enjoying:
- Promotion to project owners in the industrial, manufacturing, petrochemical and health care industries at the annual ABC Users Summit.
- Coverage in dozens of outlets in construction, business and local media, plus template news releases and social media posts that honorees can use in their own communications and on ABC’s social media platforms.
- Featured placement on abc.org and FindContractors.com, ABC’s member referral website.
- Access to Top Performers- branded apparel, plaques and promotional items in the ABC Store.
- Recognition at ABC’s national events throughout the year.
The 2023 lists identify the Top 250 Performers, Top General Contractors, Top Trade Contractors, Top Electrical Contractors, Top Plumbing/HVAC Contractors, Top Specialty Contractors and Top Performers by Market, all of which have earned the elite AQC credential. The Top Performers with Special Designations achieved STEP Gold or higher in 2022 and hold one or more special designations.