ABC - EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA CHAPTER OFFICE
||Vice President of Apprenticeship (Operations)
||East Norriton, PA
||Executive Vice President / Chief Training Officer (CTO)
TO APPLY: send resume to Joe Perpiglia, [email protected].
To oversee and continuously improve the training programs which fall under the purview of the ABC Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter’s Apprenticeship Trust.
Specific focus: Instructor development and operation continuity in four (4) training units in Philadelphia, Suburban Philadelphia, Lehigh Valley, and Northeast Pennsylvania.
Local Travel to our facilities for this position is estimated at 60-75%.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- In-Person oversight and management of operations of all ABC Eastern PA Training Regional Training Centers including member and partner locations.
- Develop a culture of consistent instructor improvement attracting and retaining the best instructors in the industry.
- Responsible for creating an environment that exceeds the expectations of our students and our member employers.
- Consistent interaction with EVP/CTO with regarding to Workforce Development Activities in each of our market areas.
- Responsible for Managing Instructors in each ABC Facility, partner, or member location.
- Consistent interaction with the VP of Compliance to assure adherence with all regulations and guidelines as set by PATC, Federal Government, ERISA and ABC National.
- Point of contact for all matters relating to students and instructors with understanding of escalation protocol to EVP / CTO for any issue impacting an employer.
- This position will be tasked with increasing revenue. Responsible for providing recommendations to increase our program’s revenue and decreasing costs wherever applicable.
- Assist ABC Eastern Pennsylvania Executive Team to assemble our Annual Budget.
- Assist ABC Eastern Pennsylvania Executive Team in program development to assure a net 15% growth rate for net Student enrollment (annually).
- Continuous communication with instructors and other internal team members to assure training services exceed student (and employer) expectations.
- Assist in the maintenance of all Student Records received and stored in CHAD.
- Assist in the maintenance and accuracy of all records in RAPIDS, providing reports as requested.
- Point of Contact, providing meeting agenda(s), Minutes, action item documentation, task plans, etc. for the following: Occupation Advisory Committees and Apprenticeship Committee.
- Point of Contact for all curriculum, lesson plan development, etc. for our instructors in accordance with NCCER guidelines.
- Assist with the scheduling of classes for all ABC Eastern Pennsylvania locations.
- In coordination with the VP of Compliance, attend monthly Pennsylvania State Apprenticeship and Training Council (PATC) meetings monthly and report results to any pertinent stakeholders.
- Assist in the presentation of new trade programs for approval with the Pennsylvania State Apprenticeship and Training Council (PATC).
- Conduct interviews with prospective instructors to pre-vet for final approval by the President/CEO.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Communications to provide stories for social media, website updates, press releases, etc. for the ABC National Craft Championships.
- Work key stakeholders to conduct internal competitions for the annual ABC National Craft Championships.
- Attend relevant Chapter and/or National meetings as requested by the EVP/CTO or any member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Assist in preparing Legislative testimony when/if requested by the EVP / CTO, EVP / COO or President & CEO.
- VP of Apprenticeship must be conversant in a range of trades must be conversant in at a least two or more trade areas and capable of providing quarterly or monthly program results to the EVP/CTO and / or President & CEO. President & CEO will utilize this information for presentation(s) to the ABC Eastern PA Board of Directors.
- This position offers an annual bonus for meeting and/or exceeding financial and enrollment goals.
10+ Years of Experience in the following areas:
Educational Skills: Ability to retain and attract the best instructors in our industry. Consistent focus on instructor mentoring.
Leadership Skills: Independent supervisory and leadership skills to oversee (staff, volunteers, committee members) in a productive, efficient manner to complete specific projects. Experience in education is a must for this position. Construction experience is a plus, understanding of the field tasks required by students in multiple trades (electrical, carpentry, plumbing, etc.). Military background preferred.
Financial Skills: The ability to accurately forecast operational costs and manage department operations within given budgetary restraints.
Communication Skills: Ability to read and interpret business documents, guidelines, manuals, etc. Ability to write clear and concise letters, memos and other communications and business documents.
Excellent public speaking skills – the ability to present information to, and respond to questions from, school administration, instructors, students, ABC employers and the public. Spanish and other languages is a plus.
Reasoning Ability: Independent problem solving is a must for this position. Ability to define problems, collect data, and draw valid solutions.
Technical Skills: Computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel at minimum.
Certifications: NCCER Master Trainer
Other Skills (not essential): State Journeyperson Certification, Grant Identification and/or response experience.