ABC - NEW HAMPSHIRE/VERMONT CHAPTER OFFICE
TO APPLY: send resume to [email protected].
Associated Builders and Contractors of New Hampshire/Vermont (ABC) seeks a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced sales and customer relations professional to help expand and sustain our membership in the New Hampshire area.
In this role, a Membership Director, reporting directly to the President will develop and execute strategies to recruit new members, engage members and retain the current members.
ABC New Hampshire/Vermont Chapter is chartered by the national ABC organization, headquartered in Washington, D.C. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC provides professional development and networking to the construction industry that enables member companies to win and deliver work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. ABC's membership represents all specialties within the construction industry and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the commercial sector.
The Membership Director handles implementing and driving the association’s annual membership goals through targeted recruitment and retention strategies including marketing campaigns, and membership recruitment and outreach. Additionally, the Membership Director will manage tracking existing member participation to ensure they are maximizing the value of their membership and overall satisfaction with the association.
- Identify and recruit contractor companies.
- Develop and execute an annual membership growth plan by the chapter meeting and/or exceeding recruitment, engagement, and retention goals.
- Work with existing members and the Board of Directors to assist with referrals and lead generation of new members, conducting appropriate follow-up with each lead.
- Conduct new member on-boarding and membership review meetings efforts including reviewing member benefits and encouraging involvement in Chapter events, committees, and sponsorship.
- Promote and successfully deliver membership retention efforts and conduct visits to all members, maintain regular phone contacts and maintain activity reports tracking member participation.
- Promote sponsorship opportunities as member added value benefit.
- Attend board meeting and present recruitment efforts, activities and membership statistics.
- Work with other staff to ensure that all programs and events are well organized, executed and marketed, and attend these events.
- All other duties as assigned by the President-CEO.
- Sales experience and proven record of setting and meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Highly developed networking, and rapport-building traits; with an appreciation for executing extraordinary customer service.
- Excellent verbal, written and public communication/presentation skills.
- Self-directed, motivated and goal-oriented with attention to detail and commitment to the overall excellence of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and perform within deadlines.
- Competent use of technology such as Excel, Microsoft Office, Zoom, computer networks, databases, Constant Contact and the internet. This includes the ability to learn and successfully use the ABC C.H.A.D. database.
- Experience working with minimal supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with others, comfortable working independently and with a small team.
- Ability to attend all networking/member events. Some early morning or evening hours will be necessary. Some travel may be required for training or other purposes.
- Reliable transportation and a valid NH License
- Understanding and supporting ABC’s mission.
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Sales, or a relevant field preferred.
- 5 or more years of related experience in sales, non-profit, business development, marketing, communications, or other related fields.
- Experience in trade association membership sales.
Salary is commensurate with experience. For fringe benefits, ABC provides employees with a generous 401(k) profit sharing and discretionary match, 100% health insurance premium coverage and a Health Savings Account, Personal Time Off, Short Term Disability Insurance, Dental, Life Insurance, EAP and more.
ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
While performing the responsibilities of the Membership Director, the employee is required to speak and listen. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel and operate a vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to lift, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and move boxed items.
This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.