The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Treasury recently issued frequently asked questions
on provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
The FAQs cover the following topics to assist employers:
- Employer shared responsibility (employer mandate),
- Employer health care arrangements,
- Health Flexible Spending Arrangements (FSA),
- Reporting value of employer provided health coverage on Form W-2,
- Additional Medicare tax,
- Net Investment Tax, and
- Small business tax credit
In addition, the Department of Labor recently issued its nineteenth frequently asked questions
about implementing various provisions of the ACA. The FAQS include: COBRA model notices; limitations on cost-sharing; coverage of preventive services; Flexible Spending Account carryover and excepted benefits; and summary of benefits and coverage.
To learn more about the health care law, visit ABC's Health Care Law Employer Toolkit