To help members make sure they are in compliance with the new requirements under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), or health care law, ABC is offering a 2012 compliance checklist (PDF).
The checklist covers the following topics:
- Grandfathered plan status
- Summary of benefits and coverage
- 60-day notice of plan changes
- Women’s preventive care guidelines
- Medical loss ratio rebates
- W-2 reporting
- Tax changes for age 26 coverage
- Comparative effectiveness research fees
- Small business tax credit
In addition, ABC is offering an overview of the developments that took place in 2011.
For more information, contact Sam Melamed at ABC Merit Choice Insurance, or Karen Livingston, ABC director of policy.